iPhone 4S Disable 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacThor, Nov 15, 2011.

1. MacThor macrumors newbie

MacThor

I did a little research, and seens that is not possible to disable on iPhone 4S , 3G. The option is gone from the Network options.

So, if I am overseas and want only to use only WiFI to avoid the outrageous AT&T international plan price, I am dead in the water.

Please, let me know if I am wrong.

Regards.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Turning off 3G just meant that the device would roll back to EDGE network, if traveling abroad you would need to turn off Cellular Data.

3. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

1. Disable 3G does not disable data connections. You should turn of Cellular Data or Mobile Data.

2. If you notice, Data roaming is OFF by default.

So yours is a non-issue.

4. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

This. Quite a few people (understandably) take '3G' to mean all cellular data, when it's simply an industry standard for mobile data speed, of course.

By default, however, data roaming should be set to off, which should prevent the iPhone from using the over-priced mobile data when on non-home networks.

5. MacThor thread starter macrumors newbie

MacThor

Thanks. I was a little confused, since on IOS-5 , iPhone 4, we have two distinct options , disable 3G and disable data. But yes, makes sense, have only disable data, and of course roaming off.