iPhone 4S doesnt recognize it's locked and loses battery fast

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neznam1337, Jun 29, 2013.

1. neznam1337, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013

neznam1337 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, im new to the forums :)

So i have this problem for the last couple of days. Yesterday i went to sleep and left my iphone on 52% locked. When i woke up it was on 35% even though i had wifi,3g,gps and everything turned off, and brightness to the minimum. I even set it to airplane mode and do not disturb. So i went to the settings and checked the usage, it said Usage 20 hrs 45 minutes, Standby 20 hrs 45 minutes. I am
    100% sure i locked it, because same thing happened 2 days ago an i thought i didnt lock it. The phone is jailbroken, iOS 6.1.2
    Anyone knows whats the problem?

2. neznam1337 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can anyone please help? In the settings the usage is always the same as standby and because of this my phone drains more battery

3. JeffNT326 macrumors member

JeffNT326

Most likely a rogue program consuming CPU cycles. I had this problem before. I had it narrowed to location services and some apps I was using.

Method: disable all location services and see if that stops the standby vs active use. If that doesn't work, systematically force quit running programs one by one (or several at a time) to check which app is causing the problem. You can force quit by using the double click home button method or have the app open, press and hold sleep/wake button until power off screen shows, then press and hold the home button.

This can be time consuming, but it's worth it to find the culprit and restore battery life.

I hope this works for you!

4. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

If its a rogue program force quitting may not be enough. Even a hard reset often isn't enough.

Full wipe might be called for. Then reload apps a few at a time starting with the most vital until the issue comes back. Then you know the culprit.