IPhone 4S durability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by merkinmuffley, Nov 14, 2011.

1. merkinmuffley macrumors 6502a

Today I was doing some work with my Bobcat skid steer (moving implements and other stuff around, getting the 72" snowblower hooked up to it) at the in-laws house, about 45 miles north of here at a place named Priest Lake (Idaho). I dropped my iPhone out of my pocket into the couple inches of snow and didn't know it until a couple of hours later when I wanted to use it. Quickly got on my IPad and emailed my son to call my phone, and not stop until I'd let him know I found it. I had been working over an area of about 2 acres and had no clue where I might have dropped it. Wandered around until I heard it ringing, it had a distinct Bobcat track over the top of it - I assumed it was toast. It was in the snow, screen up when I found it. My Bobcat weighs over 7000 lbs and it ran right over the top of the IPhone in 2 inches of snow on a broken rock base. It was packed very tightly in the snow, I had to chip it away to get it out. No doubt the weight of the Bobcat had compressed the snow around it.

The damn thing still works, no scratches, nothing. My son advised me to power it off, I held it up to the car heater on the 45 miles drive home to dry it out. I'm impressed, I think in the future I'll leave it in the house when in my Bobcat, or put it in another pocket.

2. sneaky butcher macrumors 6502

3. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Wow, that's crazy! Too bad the iPhone can't survive a small drop onto hardwood floor. :p You were insanely lucky.