iPhone 4s ear piece issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seb1987, Jan 12, 2012.

1. seb1987 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Please can I get some advice I'm having issues wen makeing out going calls the ear piece doesn't always activate unless I press speaker then speaker off. Once I've done that the ear piece works fine for a while. The a massive 130 page thread on apple discussion forum regarding the issue. I'm wondering if any users who are running 5.1 beta had the issues and whether or not it corrected them because I have the perfect device and I don't want to swap it out.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3404857?start=1905&tstart=0

Cheers

2. /user/me macrumors 6502

You couldn't find your answer in that apple thread? Sounds to me like you should get your phone replaced. Have you done a restore from iTunes?

3. seb1987 thread starter macrumors member

yeh done a restore and its less freqent, ive got a genius appointment booked for tuesday, but people in the thread have had 5 replacements before its been fixed hence why i would prefer to find out if anyone her had the issues and now doesnt through 5.1

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

You have the perfect phone... yet it's not working right... Sorry for the heavy dose of sarcasm, but that really doesn't sound perfect to me.

5. seb1987 thread starter macrumors member

i know itsnot quite perfect lol just looking to see if anyone on here had the issue and then 5.1 fixed it