iPhone 4S earpiece problem

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
Hi whenever I call somebody it sounds like something is rattling or I think it might be that the earpiece might have blown, I can hear people but it sounds like something is rattling is the best way to describe the problem, I know it's not anything else because people say I sound perfectly fine whenever I'm on the phone and i try avoid talking on the phone because of the problem and which is a bigger problem because it's the only way I can reach a lot of people, can you guys please help, should I just take my phone back and get it replaced?

jsf721

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2011
Li, NY
Hi whenever I call somebody it sounds like something is rattling or I think it might be that the earpiece might have blown, I can hear people but it sounds like something is rattling is the best way to describe the problem, I know it's not anything else because people say I sound perfectly fine whenever I'm on the phone and i try avoid talking on the phone because of the problem and which is a bigger problem because it's the only way I can reach a lot of people, can you guys please help, should I just take my phone back and get it replaced?
I have read about this before on this forum. Do a search and take it back if it soulds like the issue others have reported.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
The best way to test your device is to turn off Wi-Fi and launch Speedtest. While the test is running, place your ear over the Apple logo on the back. If you hear a "static" noise, there's definitely something wrong. I've had 3 replaced for this issue and it still hasn't been fixed.

There's a 58 page thread about it on the Apple Support Community site.

link

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
Wirelessly posted

Definitely the earpiece is blown, it's not the static "issue" from launch, definitely going to replace it first chance I get