iPhone 4s - Exeter UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by GarryBacon, Oct 6, 2011.

1. GarryBacon macrumors regular

Anybody Going To Get The iPhone 4s At The Exeter Apple Store On The 14th?

I Am But Don't Know What Time To Get There For?

I'm Thinking Getting There For Like 5am Possibly 4am!

2. eka6484 macrumors newbie

I will be going at about the same time. This will be my first time so I hope it won't be too late as I'm coming from Cornwall and I will be gutted if I don't get one!

3. Celt1411 macrumors newbie

Also heading up from Cornwall but I'm no early bird.
    Want to get a black and a White 4s for the Mrs, not too worried whether it's 16gb or 32gb so I think I'm gonna take my chances and aim to arrive in Exeter for 7.
    I'm just hoping that people won't see the 4s as a significant upgrade from the 4

Does anyone know what time the 4 sold out last year?

4. eka6484 macrumors newbie

Yeh I'm no early bird either but because of the distance and the fact that I've taken time off work I'm gona make the effort. Wish I could get in Plymouth but everyone is selling them as contracts, for now. No sorry don't know bout the iPhone 4, I still have my trusty old 3GS!

5. Theappleaddict macrumors newbie

Yep I'll be there! Have never queued for a new model release before.....what time is best to get there? I was thinking 7am? Do you reckon there will be enough phones in stock to meet demand?

6. GarryBacon thread starter macrumors regular

7. Theappleaddict macrumors newbie

4am?! Will it be that busy? Do you reckon I'll still get one getting there at 6.30?

8. GarryBacon thread starter macrumors regular

No it doesn't get that busy. But I am weird 5am from now on haha. There really is no point any earlier as the security guards kick you out if you sit outside!!

----------

Yeah it's Exeter not Covent Gardens dont worry.

9. FranksWildYears macrumors regular

You sure about that? Because I either get their at about 3 - possibly earlier depending on what arrangements I'm able to make - or I don't get there until 9am! I know that people arrived pre-midnight last year...

10. GarryBacon thread starter macrumors regular

People go there but it doesn't get busy as such early.

11. FranksWildYears macrumors regular

Oh, that doesn't bother me. I just want to avoid getting kicked out if I'm the first one...

12. GarryBacon thread starter macrumors regular

What you have to remember is that it's not gonna be that bad because it's not a massive update. We will all get one but I am sticking to 4am there is no point any earlier.

13. FranksWildYears macrumors regular

Trust me, I ideally would queue later, I'd turn up gone 5 if I could! As it is, I have to catch the train from Cornwall (no car atm) and then stay at a friend's house as late as I possibly can. Therefore, I might be left with literally no choice but to turn up before I'd like to. That's why!

14. GarryBacon thread starter macrumors regular

Well see you there mate :)

15. eka6484 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if there is parking near the store, or if its at least gona be open?

16. GarryBacon thread starter macrumors regular

I'm just going to one of the street parks that's 24 hour. The rest are not open until 7am. Oh and you'll need a longstay haha!! Giving the council a ring today.

17. eka6484 macrumors newbie

Top man, cheers mate hopefully I will find em easily.

18. GarryBacon, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

GarryBacon thread starter macrumors regular

They give you postcodes for the car parks, so have like a satnav on you maybe your old iPhone thats what I'm using haha even though this whole trip is out of greed as I have the iPhone 4 but got a bonus so treating my self. I'll let you know what postcode and car park is best later bud.

19. FranksWildYears macrumors regular

Not sure what time I'm going to get there now, but...if I'm in the top five or six in queue, would I be able to buy and get out relatively quickly? My train home from Exeter Central is at 9.50am, that's all!

20. GarryBacon thread starter macrumors regular

Looking like Parr Street car park. It's 24 hour. It's about a 10
    Minute walk and its only £4.80 for 5 hours and over, the cheapest in Exeter. Was looking at Princesshay car park but they don't seem to list it never used it just seen it the other day but being a building one it's not usually 24 hours.

21. eka6484 macrumors newbie

Ok then mate I will take a look at the Parr Street one and make sure I have enuff money :( lol. Thx mate really appreciate that

22. GarryBacon thread starter macrumors regular

No problem. Have a look at street view and then you can get an understanding of the route to Princesshay.

23. GarryBacon thread starter macrumors regular

Any more updates from people going to Exeter?

24. FranksWildYears macrumors regular

I'll be there, not sure what time. Before 5, I'd say.

25. Theappleaddict macrumors newbie

I was aiming for 6.15am but reckon I should be earlier.....what do you think? I defo need one as my 3GS broke and already have a micro sim ready.....phone less till I can get my hands on a new one!