iPhone 4S - Faulty lock button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JUiCEJamie, Feb 26, 2012.

1. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Since the beginning of the week, I've noticed that my iPhone4S' lock button just doesn't feel right anymore.

Usually, you feel sort of a click when it's pressed. Now? The button still presses down, and the phone does lock. But it feels as though it's unresponsive. Almost, spongy. [Does that make sense?]

Now, I like all my devices to be perfect. - Is it worth taking it to an Apple Store?

2. applefan289 macrumors 68000

No device will ever be perfect...if you have that mentality you will drive yourself crazy...but it IS supposed to "click".

My advice is, if it works in general, don't do anything about it. If it's something more important, then you can worry about it.

This is my philosophy because it can become a crazy OCD adventure if you try to solve every little thing that could be wrong with it.

3. Delighted macrumors 6502

Delighted

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

If it is really bothering you, take it to the apple store and have a genius take a look at it. Worst case, they say they cant do anything for you. Best case, they fix or replace it for you. Problem solved.

4. jkeekij macrumors regular

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

They may replace it, they may not. If it works, and it's not clearly wiggling in the housing, it's going to depend on how nice the rep is I think.

6. post/ergo macrumors member

I had a similar problem with my iPhone 4 last year, except the botton became unresponsive.

Took it in to an Apple Store and walked out 10 minutes later with a replacement unit, the chap in the store said he sees it all the time.

If you have a local Apple Store and it really is bugging you nothing to loose poping in and seeing if there is something they can do.