iPhone 4s + Gevey Ultra S Missing Hotspot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LatinUnit, Oct 31, 2012.

1. LatinUnit macrumors newbie

Hi, i have two iPhone 4s. One is the one i got from 3 UK plan and comes with unlimited data and therefore i can use hotspot. The other phone is from Spain but i unlocked it using a Gevey Ultra S that unlocks GSM/WCDMA/CDMA.

The unlocked iphone has 5.1.1 iOS version and 2.0.12 baseband and my plan iPhone has iOS 5.1 and 2.0.10 baseband.

Issue 1. Every time i turn the unlocked iphone on/off the Gevey Sucessfull unlocked message pops up, I am not sure if this is normal and then i just click accept.

Issue 2. Hotspot option is missing from the unlocked iPhone and the network options from both phones are different.

these are the options i get in the unlocked iPhone in network

1. Enable 3g
    2. Mobile Data
    3. Data Roaming
    4. Personal Hotspot (Greyed out) unclickeable
    5. VPN
    6. wifi

and these are for my plan iPhone

1. Cellular data
    2. data roaming
    3. personal hotspot
    4. vpn
    5. wifi

I am using my plan sim card on the unlocked headset however the hotspot option is missing and is greyed out in the network settings and also why both sets have different options.

Is there anyway to resolve this.

THanks Alot guys

2. Dexter125 macrumors newbie

Hi looking for a little help on the hotspot issue. I have a 4s locked to vodafone, using a R-sim5+ to unlock it everything works fine using this sim except the personal hotspot. It shows me that its there in the mobile data settings but every time I click on it it tells me I need to go to the vodafone web page to set it up on my account,but as I'm not using a vodafone sim I'm kinda stuck!! Any help with this would be amazing. Big thanks in advance