iPhone 4S Help Needed! VERIZON

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iDylan1357, Feb 29, 2012.

1. iDylan1357 macrumors newbie

hey all, this is my first post and I need some help. I bought a Bad ESN iPhone 4S 16GB for Verizon a couple weeks ago. I did buy it knowing it was Bad ESN, I'm on T-Mobile myself. what happened was the seller had bought it on craigslist a month before; however, they bought it not knowing it was still activated on their line and then the original seller reported it as lost. scammer, ugh.

anyways, I called Verizon today and it's not on the lost or stolen list; but here's the deal. I called 4 times, 4 different people. twice said it should be able to activate. two said it was still attached to an account and can not be activated til paid off account and deactivated off iPhone. there is no number on the iPhone; it's not listed in the Phone app, iTunes, or just anywhere in general. the most I've gotten is the bars at the top left. it seems deactivated.

I'm wondering what to do. Try to find the original seller and talk to him about it? try to get someone to activate it? claim there's a problem for a replacement from Apple? I don't know. I want to keep the iPhone either way, but I want to know if any of these are an option. thanks.

2. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Just drive to a Verizon store and deal with them in person. Explain what you just said and they can look it up and figure it out.

If not, bad luck. That's why you got to be careful when buying a cellphone third party.

3. iDylan1357 thread starter macrumors newbie

if it is bad esn, it's no big deal, that's how I bought it.

4. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I don't know why you are getting so many different answers from Verizon people. It's really easy, they just punch in the MEID number and it clearly tells them whether or not the phone can be activated.

You can also look up this number in the settings app on the iPhone. If you already have Verizon service and are registered for My Verizon, you should be able to go online and activate it yourself without any assistance from Verizon. I'm assuming that you are just transferring service from one phone that you have to the new iPhone.

Try this. If it doesn't work, go into a Verizon store and have them look at it for you.

5. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

^agreed. Idk what is going on with your Vzw people but this shouldn't be hard. If one of them you talked to told you it was a bad esn then I'd say it does. Like the above guy said if you have a Vzw account then you shouldn't have any problem figuring this out. But I'll assume you don't since you clearly said you are with T-Mobile.

6. gto1988, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012

gto1988 macrumors newbie

Your best bet, is going into any corp store to check if it will activate, or try to add it to your account via my verizon, both very simple. If it activates, well you've got a working phone.

7. DoodleD macrumors newbie

8. iDylan1357 thread starter macrumors newbie

cleanesnfree.com worked, and it said it is not able to activate, so did the store. the original seller (clearly an *******) didn't deactivate it then stopped paying the bill. nothing I can do huh...

9. Garybaker145 macrumors newbie

You can jailbreak the phone and activate on tmobile or cricket

10. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

But you're on tmobile... Jailbreak and unlock...