Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chri5h

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Hi I've got a iPhone 4s charge to 100% go to bed wake up in the morning battery's flat I've done a full restore set up as a new phone still the same so I replaced the battery and its still the same can anyone tell me what's the problem please

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Hi I've got a iPhone 4s charge to 100% go to bed wake up in the morning battery's flat I've done a full restore set up as a new phone still the same so I replaced the battery and its still the same can anyone tell me what's the problem please

Sounds like a hardware problem. Are you saying the battery was charged to 100% and the charger was unplugged and hours later the battery was dead?

Did you ohoine do this BEFORE the new battery? If so it sounds like hardware unless you were really unlucky and got a bad battery.

Chri5h

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Yeah it started done this so I restored it still the same so I got a new battery put it in charged it to 100% 6hrs later with no use it was flat

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Yeah it started done this so I restored it still the same so I got a new battery put it in charged it to 100% 6hrs later with no use it was flat

That is not normal at all. Turn off background refresh, location services, cellular data, strip down on apps that use notifications you may not need, turn off Bluetooth, fetch under mail settings, or even try airplane mode with WiFi, and lastly, make sure you're set up as new, not running an old backup. If the problem still occurs make a Genius Bar appointment. If turning all those off fixed your problem, gradually turn settings back on one by one and see what causes the issue again.

My iPhone 6 can be left overnight starting at 100%, connected to a pretty weak LTE signal (-102db which is 1-2 bars) and it will still be 100% the next morning.

This is what I left it at last night

This is what I found in the morning

Chri5h

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
I'm lost under battery usage it's got home & lock screen at 68% ?????? How when it's not even on

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
Sounds like the Li-iON battery is calling it quits. Replace the battery...make sure you get a 4S battery which has a larger connector than the 4 batteries. They're only 5 bucks a piece off eBay and are really easy to replace. Look up the DIY on ifixit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.