iPhone 4S Houston, Texas - Memorial City Mall

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by JAEIII, Oct 9, 2011.

1. JAEIII macrumors newbie

Anybody headed to memorial city mall to get the 4S on launch day? If so do you plan on lining up the day before or the day of? And at what time? :apple:

2. JAEIII thread starter macrumors newbie

So I seen that a million pre orders were made in 24 hours... This can turn out to be a good or bad thing. The bad view is that there is going to be a HUGE line to get the 4S or the good view is that a lot of people preordered and are not going to line up to get it on launch day.

----------

I guess I will just have to drive by the mall the night before and see how the line is and determine when I need to line up.:eek:

3. epryor macrumors newbie

From my past iPhone release experiences, apple stores are the WORST to go to.

The Galleria had 350+ people last year, while Memorial City had just under that amount. I'm doing corporate ATT stores this year in the suburbs. No need in being part of the mass of people!

4. imotionb18 macrumors member

Memorial City is going to be crazy. I went to Galveston Att store to get my 3G. Pre-ordered my 4.

5. JAEIII thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah when I was there last year at memorial city it took a long time until I was able to get the 4, but I just feel like they have a much higher stock then AT&T or any other carrier and I have a better chance of getting what I want. Idk maybe I will go to AT&T this time around.

6. epryor macrumors newbie

It really depends on the model you are going for. I've been told several times by different people that most stores are getting twice the amount of phones compared to the IP4 release.

I feel like the majority of people are after a 16/32gb model, which is good since I want a 64. I don't feel like there will be any issue getting a phone on Friday. More stock - no redesign = less people.

7. JAEIII thread starter macrumors newbie

Has anyone been to memorial city mall to see if anyone has lined up yet? or heard if a line has started to form?

8. JAEIII thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Anybody show up there yet to see what it's like? I will be leaving to head over there around 2

9. JAEIII thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Not that many people here at 3:30 this morning, I would guess and say around 30 to 40 people

10. epryor macrumors newbie

6:30am

At a corporate AT&T store in the north side of Houston. Got here 10 minutes ago, 5th in line.

Haters gonna hate. :D

11. jvas64 macrumors newbie

Anyone been to Apple in the Galleria? Debating on stopping by this evening or not.

12. JAEIII thread starter macrumors newbie

I heard that by 10 am people could walk in and out with the new iPhone in about 15 minutes

13. Simbachinna macrumors newbie

Yup that's how we did it. :apple: