iPhone 4S is Apple's C(Cheap phone)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wassup121, Sep 18, 2013.

1. wassup121 macrumors member

Hope this isn't already been beaten down, but the iPhone 4S is already Apple's cheap (C) phone! It's $450 subsidized. Sure its an old phone with a small screen, but if it were so bad/old why do i see so many in use!

I think the 5C and 5S, especially 5C will sell quite well. :)

Just my 2c, not that anyone asked :apple:

2. twoehr macrumors member

You are correct. It is mostly just that people (analysts) thought that the 5c was going to be the lowest cost in a possible line-up that went 5s>5>5c. It would have been nice from there perspective of aligning the product line as closely as possible (especially screen size) but...

The actual result makes more business sense, in that as a new model comes out the old models still needs to still be made for parts or outright replacement units and will be lower cost (economies of age and tech). If you're still making it, might as well sell it. So really, could they have made something called the 5c and have cost less than a 4S? Probably not.

3. user-name-here macrumors 65816

$450 for a 3 year old phone with outdated hardware (30-pin connector) is overpriced IMO.

Imagine how crappy 3 year old Android phones are compared to todays Android devices? :shudder:

That's what the 4s is.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

So how come the 4/s seem to hold up in resell value? Is it a mirage? Are millions of users dumb?

5. zipa macrumors 65816

It's two years old, but still. It costs the same or more than a Lumia 920 or Galaxy S3, and that's for the tiny 8 gb model with the miniscule 3,5" screen.

6. dave420 macrumors 65816

I thought the iPhone 4 was the cheap one. I saw one American prepaid carrier is selling them no contract for $199.

7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Ur 2c is gonna confuse the noobs.

8. zipa macrumors 65816

It would seem so. Just look at the insane prices people pay for second hand Apple stuff. Near-new prices for used electronics. Sounds pretty insane to me.