iPhone 4S is Breaking Records Off the Wazoo - Imagine the iPhone 5 release

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajcadoo, Oct 14, 2011.

1. ajcadoo macrumors 6502

ajcadoo

I am just amazed at how successful a launch the iPhone 4S is. Its eye-opening and I think Apple is making some huge headway in the industry. iPhone 5 release is going to be unbelievable. I have a feeling the world will take a day off work just to celebrate the release of it :D

What are your thoughts about the iPhone 4S release in relation to future iPhone releases; particularly the next full redesign?

2. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

I just got my 4S, the quality is unbelievable. Amazing what Apple delivers time after time, always quality products, never a single miss.

iPhone 5/6 will be NUTS. Don't know what they will do for an encore after Siri, but I'm sure it will be bonkers.

3. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

4. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

Apple isn't making huge headway... haha, they already own a huge chunk of the market.

5. gillybean macrumors 6502a

The world will take a day off to struggle with online activation issues as 25 million people all try to activate it on the same day.

6. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

The OP raises an interesting philosophical/moral/ethical question.

If the world was given a day off to celebrate the iPhone 5, this would also include the thousands and thousands of horribly underpaid Chinese laborers who are practically enslaved for their entire lives just to keep us western folk ignorant with joy by holding the latest piece of technological gadgetry.

And, if they were given the day off, it would mean production delays that would keep you from being able to have an iPhone 5 as quickly as you would want one.

So, do you still feel the world should be given a day off? And whats more, should they be given much more than a single day off?

7. ajcadoo thread starter macrumors 6502

ajcadoo

I wouldnt be surprised if we see an Apple Day in our lifetime. It would probably fall on a Sunday though.

----------

I think the Verizon and Sprint move is making excellent headway!

8. vitog123 macrumors 6502

If AT&T is smart they will let people upgrade early for that release. Most people upgrading today are locked in for a while looking at these new eligibility dates. From what i experienced and have read the past few weeks they havent budged much.

9. lilo777 macrumors 603

I agree that it's getting creepy. Soon half a planet will be getting early one day to go get their new phone.

10. psblake macrumors member

Apple is the one enslaving these Chinese with jobs course we could have them built over here and apple would make less money instead of making a 200 percent profit they would hAve to live with just doublIng their money on each phone.

11. ajcadoo thread starter macrumors 6502

ajcadoo

Yeah I have to agree. I mean, a measley 4S release gets this much hype is incredible! I am so happy to see that Apple isn't going anywehere anytime soon. They will be impacting the world for years to come.