iPhone 4S - Just got the battery replaced... Battery life still terrible

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by flexbrah, Jan 6, 2012.

1. flexbrah macrumors newbie

I just got my battery replaced today (under warranty) and the battery life is still just as bad, if not worse. What were your experiences with battery replacement? Did it help? I'm going to try to bring it back into the apple store tomorrow to see if they can get it fixed or replace the phone.

2. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Are you on the latest OS? The initial versions of iOS 5 had problems related to battery life so make sure you've updated to the latest.

Also, it's possible that you have an app that's draining your battery - so it might be worth your while syncing only the default apps initially to see if the battery issues are still present (do this via iTunes). If the battery life is better with the default apps, then sync one or two essential apps the following day to see if there's a difference. Keep doing that, leaving time in between to see how battery life is affected.

If it is an app that's causing the problems, you'll hopefully be able to identify it after a few days.

Hope it helps!

RTP.

3. blesio macrumors regular

I'm on 5.1 beta 2 and look, it's good enough for me:

WiFi always on, as is BT

[​IMG]

And it's on a single charge, the key is not to play games as this is the most CPU intensive an drains a lot of power from the battery :) the brightness set on auto and the slider at about 40%