iPhone 4S keeps asking to download songs I don't have apple ID for

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jweave, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Jweave macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

So my iPhone 4S keeps prompting me every few hours to download some songs that friends of mine purchased. I had an old iPod touch and I transferred the songs from their computers onto my iPod and then back to my computer about a year ago. Since then I ditched the iPod and the songs but my iPhone still asks me to download them and enter the password (which I don't know). I don't want the songs. I just want to not be asked to download them. If I go into iTunes on the iPhone after it asks me I can see the songs pending in downloads. I delete them but they still come back after a while. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Are they on your iPhone? If so its simple just delete them

3. Jweave thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

They aren't on my iPhone. But it continually asks me to download them. It wants the passwords which I don't have so I go into iTunes and delete them from pending downloads. But every few hours it pops up again.

4. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Go on the phone. Go to settings->store-> and scroll to the bottom is it your apple ID email or theres?

5. Jweave thread starter macrumors newbie

My apple ID.

6. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

What about in the iTunes store. Go to music or videos go all the way to the bottom. Is it your apple ID or his? Even if it is yours. Maybe click it and try sign out and sign back in with yours

7. aristobrat macrumors G5

Do you use itunes match, or did you setup your iPhone 4s by restoring from an iCloud backup?

8. Jweave thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't use iTunes Match, but I did setup my 4S by restoring the iCloud backup from my iPhone 4. Could this be the problem?

9. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Thats why I said check the iTunes store for who's account is there. If the backup had his account saved for some reason that would cause your problem

10. aristobrat macrumors G5

It was for me. The iCloud restore kept putting those songs back, even after I'd delete them. Endless cycle. Going into Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > and click Stop Restoring iPhone stopped the songs from reappearing for me.

With my iCloud restore, it didn't look like it was ever going to "officially" finish unless I knew my friends passwords for those songs.

11. Jweave thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm definitely signed into my account on iTunes. Even signed out and signed back in but the problem still exists. I'm thinking now that since those songs were on my iPhone 4 and I setup the new 4S by restoring from the old one's iCloud backup that those songs tried to download but needed the apple ID logged in for them to play? I deleted the songs off the iPhone but I'm still getting the messages. Maybe wipe the 4S out and set it up from scratch without the iCloud restore?