iPhone 4s Lakeside Thurrock UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Big Ells, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Big Ells macrumors 6502

Big Ells

Anyone going Lakeside?

I plan to get there about half 5 6ish.

2. vinnyemmery macrumors member

hi me too looking to get there around the same time

3. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

Sounds good, i've heard mixed rumours that they don't open the shopping centre till 6 or even 7 :S

4. slippery macrumors member

Looking to get there for 5.30-6.00am but does anyone know what entrance we should be waiting at?

5. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

It's usually the Burger King entrance, you can sometimes get in early via the service road, but they are likely to kick you out!

6. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

If anyones interested this is me, I'm 6ft 5 so you can't miss me, just shout 'Big Ells':

[​IMG]

7. RobNev macrumors newbie

Lakeside Car Parks

Anyone know if car parks are open at 5-30. Big Ells have you waited before at Lakeside for Apple and if so is it organised when you are allowed in or a mad dash:confused:

8. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

I haven't been before! I would assume the carpark by the BK will be open, If not I will find somewhere to leave/dump the car.

What time you planning on getting there?

9. RobNev macrumors newbie

10. slippery macrumors member

11. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

With imessage we can keep in contact. Be cool to have people to queue with. Outside regents street last year I was sandwiched between a crap load of foreigners!

12. 20193 macrumors member

Hey guys.

Just thought I would pop into this thread and pass on some info from the iPhone 4 launch fiasco last year... I arrived at the BK carpark at 5am. The barrier was already up and plenty of cars were inside. The queue had formed from the night before outside the glass doors next to BK, but quickly broke up when someone managed to get inside the building and open the side fire escape doors / service tunnels at 6.30ish. People immediately began running to secure the best place in line outside the store, completely scrapping the queue system... Security were very funny about people being inside the building so early, but when they saw the amount of people charging towards them I think they decided to try and control it rather than send everyone back outside.

Luckily last year had a reservation line which was a huge relief... This year may be a bit more hectic. I don't want to cause panic or alarm, but just wanted to give you a bit of insight on it. The more info the better right?

Regardless of what time you turn up, be prepared for a mad rush. Lots of people queuing at the front lost their place due to the security trying to control people, which you can imagine causing tension in the queue outside the Apple store...

I hope this helps anyone thinking of queuing at Lakeside. Good luck to anyone who's going! Who knows maybe I'll see you all there for the iPhone 5 launch!

13. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

So limber up and be prepared to take an elbow to the face, got it!

Sure it will be fun, may see if I can get in down by Greggs!

14. sazza85 macrumors member

Ahh the rush through those doors, what fun that was! I got there pretty earlyish and there was a few people there already and that was with reservations.

I can see the queue forming quite a bit earlier this year and expect a few people to be there at the times your thinking of getting there.

I've preordered mine so i'll be waiting for UPS to bring it to me :) Hope all of you have fun and get what you're after :)

15. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

I would hope they have learnt from there mistakes.

16. RobNev macrumors newbie

Apple Lakeside

Apple store lakeside saying they will manage q and take people in for 8.00am opening

17. alpha2x macrumors newbie

Total shot in the dark but if anyone else is at lakeside around 4/5pm and would find out what stock levels are like and report back with all the important info... stock levels and queue sizes (if any) it would be much appreciated... couldn't get the day off :(

18. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

Here now. About 50 people so far. No idea on stock and won't till the store opens at 8.

19. NathP macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

What's the queue like at lakeside now?

Bluewater have handed out all the cards and are telling everyone that comes in that their out of stock :(

20. cap'njack macrumors member

Wish I'd come to Lakeside rather than risking Bluewater...would have been right behind you rather than being shoved down that side service alley, it's disgusting down here :(

21. alpha2x macrumors newbie

Apparently they have been saying on the radio that lakeside is expected to sell out by 10am, not sure how valid this is or where that information would have come from, not like apple to let something like this out.

22. vinnyemmery macrumors member

to the guys at lakeside who tried to organise a ticket system well done it did help ,

23. ballsop macrumors regular

ballsop

Just got here about 9:20 and the que is quite long. Someone just said its about 3 hours to wait but I doubt that. I have to leave by 10:50ish so I hope not!

24. ballsop macrumors regular

ballsop

I'm all for immigration by the way but can anyone explain the mass turnout of the Asian community?

25. cap'njack macrumors member

I think they drew straws with the Chinese who all went to Bluewater