iPhone 4s launch @ Apple Store, Belfast [UK]

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by GeekPill, Oct 5, 2011.

1. GeekPill macrumors member

Decided to make this thread for all that will be going to the launch of the iPhone 4s at the Apple Store in Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK.

2. Andylar macrumors regular

3. irlandais macrumors newbie

Opens at 8:00am on Friday according to http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/iphone/

I've never queued for a launch before (except Harry Potter)... I'm thinking be there at 4/5am? Do you think that will guarantee I'll get one and can choose a specific model (black 32GB)?

4. APPLEIOS5 macrumors newbie

Store opens 8am . Im getting there for 6am as at the last iPhone 4 launch it was plenty of time and I got everything I wanted. I was also at the iPad 2 launch and it was a longer line due to the time of day it was launched which was around 5pm.

The good thing about the 8am launch is that not everyone can get the day off work to stand in line so this should help those of us that can :)

Hard to tell the demand for the iPhone 4S alot of my mates that usually stand in line are not bothering this year. Not sure if that will be a trend or not. Im sure there will be plenty to fill the void.

5. FlexPen76 macrumors regular

Now that O2 have shafted everyone with the no early upgrade unless your spend over so much per month - I might be joining you guys. 6am? Thats early though. Keep me a spot!

6. APPLEIOS5 macrumors newbie

I heard they and a few others were going down that route. I always buy mine SIM free. Cant be bothered with these mortgage style contracts. I like to be free to move when I want and use two SIMs.

7. nataliamck macrumors 6502

8. FlexPen76 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I got there about 5:45, was back out again with 4s for 8.30. Looked like queue for opening was around 200 people and a steady stream arriving after. Seems the store has plenty to go round anyway, but enjoyed the 'queue' expierience.

9. Billymay macrumors newbie

Unlocked?

Can you buy it unlocked direct from Apple yet?

10. FlexPen76, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

FlexPen76 macrumors regular

11. evren macrumors newbie

I was at the store at 15:00 today and they still had the black 32GB available.

12. APPLEIOS5 macrumors newbie

Well I was late on the day and arrived at around 08:45. When I arrived I couldnt believe it the line was only to the bridge and I had my White 16GB 4S by 09:30. Was really surprised. I guess the 4S wasnt as popular as the 4 where I had to wait 4 hours in line. iPad 2 line was 4 hours also. Enjoyed the mini wait and got chatting to a few people in whilst waiting so was a nice experience. Love the 4S and the Siri is fun.

13. tomtom101 macrumors regular

Anyone happen to know when theyre getting more stock in?? Rang saturday and they said sometime next week, didnt get a chance to call them today and was planning on heading up in the morning if there was some available!!

14. nataliamck macrumors 6502

I called in this morning. The guy said they got a delivery in this morning but no iphones.

He said that they honestly never know what is going to be in the deliveries and they have no idea when they are getting them in.