iPhone 4S Launch - Apple Store, Manchester Arndale [UK]

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by vito, Oct 8, 2011.

1. vito macrumors 6502a

Anyone else queueing up :D

Store opens at 8am, probably have to get their at 6!

2. bryanc87 macrumors newbie

I was thinking about the trafford centre, I won't be able to get there by half eight at the earliest, will there be such a big queue that I won't be able to walk in by half eight? Or will I have to queue up at the back?

I never queued for anything like this, but Im keen to get my hands on the 4S.

I hope the trafford centre will not be a chaotic as the arndale in city centre!

3. ACEA01 macrumors newbie

first phone launch i will have been to im going to go down about 5 ish, was going to go to the O2 store but they are reserving all there iphones for existing customers. Any ideas what stock level will be like and if its pre orders only or first come first serve? Also do they offer contracts in the Apple store?

4. Cardy macrumors member

Per orders are posted, first come first served at the stores.

5. Gomaz macrumors newbie

Has anyone queued at the Trafford centre before ?

I was there for the iPad 2 but the got there at 8.30 am this time the store opens at 8 am so i guess it's harder to queue, as there won't be access to the centre ? Anyone know what time they open the doors to the Trafford centre to allow access to the walkways ? Was thinking of going around 3 to 4 am

How did they organise the last iPhone events , any experienced iPhone vets care to share

Thanks gomaz

6. ACEA01, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

ACEA01 macrumors newbie

do they offer the phone contract in the apple store or is it full purchase only? Also any ideas what time the Arndale doors open at?

7. bryanc87 macrumors newbie

it will be full purchases I heard, or at least for now.

Im guessing full purchases on launch only because you don't want people hanging in the shops to get the contract, they want to "buy n run" so to speak to get through the huge queue.

8. ACEA01 macrumors newbie

any of you guys going down to the arndale apple store?

9. morvin777 macrumors newbie

Re:

Which Entrance do we queue outside? Which one is the nearest to Apple Store?:confused:

10. ACEA01 macrumors newbie

not sure to be honest mate im probably going to que at the entrance near birdcage not sure what time to head down there tho i have to be in work at 9 so need to get it as soon as possible. Time are you heading down there mate?

11. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

Read the Trafford centre meet up posts
    Trust me no need to get there so early guys

12. morvin777 macrumors newbie

Re:

Is that the entrance with the big observation wheel? Oh I ve got the day off. So me and my mates are gonna go there about 2 or 3 AM. My mate has lecture on 10 AM so we need to hurry too.
    Door for Arndale open at 7, Store open at 8.

13. ACEA01 macrumors newbie

Im going to get there at 3 at least i wont be the only person there lol hope the que isnt too big, the entrance is right opposite the printworks

14. nrfujnbfvj macrumors member

I'll probably get there about 7.

Does everyone think that will be okay?

Dont really no my way around the arndale though and its many entrances so ill probably waste half an hour looking for the right one.

Oh and I was waiting for someone to make this thread lol

15. fatboyslick macrumors regular

Was toying with either O2 or Apple store but O2 doesn't open until 10am.
    Apple store told me they'll be doing contracts as well as outright purhases.

Won't be able to get there until 7am myself, hope that's not too late and far back at the queue. Think I'll wait at the closest entrance which will be near the Big Wheel. Store also told me there's no method to the madness as to which Arndale door opens first....don't like the idea of queuing at the arndale door then again at the Apple store

16. ACEA01 macrumors newbie

any ideas what the most popular model will be (which model is likely to sell out first) really want to get a contract free white 64gb version

17. fatboyslick macrumors regular

16gb black is by far the most popular (I work in telecoms)

18. bryanc87 macrumors newbie

Second choice for me will have to be 32GB black then :)

19. tsteakuk macrumors member

Random question but I'm looking to Fast track upgrade my O2 contract for 4S, anyone know if the Apple Store will do it instore? As in does anyone know anyone who fast tracked an iPhone 4 upgrade in the apple store?

20. fatboyslick macrumors regular

You'll be wanting 32gb now anyway because app sizes will start to get bigger. My 3G survived with 16gb but my 4 has maxed out quickly

21. fatboyslick macrumors regular

When iPhone 4 launched these forums and the O2 ones were ablaze with people talking of queuing but it's been quiet this week?!

Need to call Apple again to double check they're selling contracts as well as SIM Free devices tomorrow. I'll be in town for about 7ish and still undecided where to queue. O2 don't open until 10

22. vito thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think they will allow contracts on the day just like the iP4 launch.

Yep! Not long to go :D

Chap at the store said we'll be allowed in before 7am by Arndale security if you're at the main entrance (opposite Selfridges), they sometimes have the side entrance (Greggs) open too (from 7).

I might come a little early then! Hope it's not raining though. :D

23. ACEA01 macrumors newbie

Manchester and rain go hand in hand lol as long as i can get in and out of the Apple store by 9am with an iPhone 4s ill be a happy man :)

24. fatboyslick macrumors regular

Possibility of peeps on here messaging to update (warn) of the queue...I'll make my queing decision when I get to town so appreciate anyone here sending updates

25. morvin777 macrumors newbie

Chap at the store said we'll be allowed in before 7am by Arndale security if you're at the main entrance (opposite Selfridges), they sometimes have the side entrance (Greggs) open too (from 7).

SO, Are we queuing near Selfridges and not Printworks?