iPhone 4S Launch Day Buyers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by famerdave, Sep 8, 2012.

1. famerdave macrumors member

We bought the iPhone 4S on Launch Day, and now, I am wondering what our options will be for the iPhone 5. Will ATT do the $250 + iPhone normal price again and let us upgrade, or will we be stuck paying 649 for an off-contract one?

What are the options for other carriers? The people who bought the iPhone 4S on launch day need to talk about their plans!

I was thinking going Off-Contract this time, which means next year, it will be time for my normal 199 upgrade.

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

No idea about your questions since the keynote is on Wednesday, but I would do the off contract option, which means you can get a full upgrade every other year.

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

As said, this MIGHT be announced on Wednesday. This topic has been beat to death with a few thousand threads in the past few months.

Consensus is that they are not about to subsidize a subsidized phone. (bad business)

4. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

As it stands right now, no. I bought one on launch and it's telling me 5/2013. I opened a ghost account in April (4 or so months before the 4S launched) and it is eligible for the 250+199+36.

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I think they'll let people do the early upgrade, not the full upgrade.

Rumor has it the pricing structure will stay the same so my suggestion to you is to go on the carrier website and try to buy a 4S right now (don't actually pay for it haha). Whatever price it tells you to pay now will most likely be the same come launch day.

6. famerdave thread starter macrumors member

Interesting, my other line (Xperia Play), which was purchased in December 2011, versus iPhone line, which was in October 2011, launch date.

The Xperia Play line has the 250+phone price feature, for upgrading ONLY to iPhone.

The iPhone just has upgrade at Full Retail Pricing. A upgrade may be available 5/15/2013.

Is ATT trying to get that Xperia over to an iPhone as soon as possible?

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The advantage of going with the $250 early upgrade fee is you get a redesigned iPhone that'll feel fresh for the next two years as Apple likes to retain the same design for two years in a row (e.g. iPhone 3G/3GS and iPhone 4/4S) and this may be the last year at&t offers any discount after 12 months.

8. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I'm just waiting for the 5S. If I had LTE in my area I would consider it but nothing I've seen so far is enough to get me to part with the extra cash. LTE would be enough if I had it though.