iPhone 4S Launch -- Pittsburgh, Pa -- South Hills Village

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by rkulpajr, Oct 11, 2011.

1. rkulpajr macrumors member

rkulpajr

Just wondering if anyone is planning on lining up at South Hills Village and if so what time you are planning on being there. I am going, but not real sure when I will be arriving...

2. bmk08, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

bmk08 macrumors newbie

I am considering going. I just don't know if I really want to wake up early to get in line. Have you been to any of the previous iphone releases at shv? If so, how early do you predict people will be showing up / when a safe time to show up would be?

I went for the iPad 2 launch, and I don't really remember the exact time, but I'm pretty sure I only arrived about an hour before launch and while the line was pretty long, i had no issues getting the model I wanted.

Also, I know SHV opens normally at 10am on Fridays... Is it going to open early for the launch?

3. Dvid94 macrumors newbie

My friend and I are planning on going. Were thinking about coming at 4 to 4:30 not sure how crazy it will be. I was there for the iPad 2 and was in line for about 3 hours and about 30th in line. I don't really have an experiences with iPhone launches so if you guys have any advice or think I should be there earlier let me know

4. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

I may be heading out there if BB screws me over and doesn't e-mail me today.

In other words, see you there. :rolleyes:

5. bmk08 macrumors newbie

I'm ALSO considering, maybe I should to to verizon store which is ~10 minutes away from me versus like 30-40 for SHV? Anybody have any info about verizon stores getting them?

Despite not being too big a fan of iTunes, using my iPad has made me really want to get an iphone over another android phone which i've had a ton of issues with (probably just my bad luck, whole family had same phone and all had a relatively good experience with them) but... either way, I'm still debating, as I do like the larger screen and widgets on my droid, but I also love the smoothness and apple ecosystem is much more stable. Well, sums up that random aside.

Cheers! Might be in line tomorrow...

Oh, and talked to a friend at school today who works at the SHV apple store, he said he thinks they are going to open the mall @ 6 to let people line up, but he isn't working tomorrow so he wasn't 100%

6. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

Thanks for the info.

7. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

I know a few people who were planning on meeting up at the Ross Park Mall apple store.