iPhone 4S loses wifi during iCloud restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jfrancis04, Jul 19, 2012.

1. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

Posted this in the troubleshooting forum, but didn't get a response so I'll try here.

I'm currently doing all of this at work where I have 3 reliable wifi networks from which to choose. None is working. One is protected, but the others are not.

The phone begins to restore from backup and makes it about 10 minutes before losing the connection.

This all started when I couldn't download any new apps or update them. Reset network settings. Still wouldn't work. Powered down, powered up. Still wouldn't work. Then I did a complete restore and am now having issues with the iCloud restore.

Anyone ever experienced this before or know what to do?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I really wish the iCloud restores would pause when they lose the connection, not cancel.

I had to get a phone replaced on vacation once and the hotel wifi couldn't go more than half an hour without dropping the signal (for less than a minute) and thus I couldn't restore my phone until I got home a week later.

How dumb is that? A 45 second break makes the phone cancel GBs of data its already downloaded.

So I empathize, but the only solution I know of is to go try someone else's internet connection.

3. jfrancis04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I see I see. At least I'm not alone!

I'll try it when I get home this evening and hopefully that works.

And you're right...not sure why the restore doesn't just pause.