iPhone 4S Manchester, Trafford Center, UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by bryanc87, Oct 10, 2011.

1. bryanc87 macrumors newbie

Hi anybody up for the trafford centre?

I wonder if the O2 store will have queue ups as well as the apple store?

I will probably be there at 8:30am as its the earliest I can get there by, maybe there will be queues but I hope I won't have to queue up till 1pm to get my phone!

2. Cardy macrumors member

I'm getting there at 8, there'll be plenty there at that time, but my inside source has assured my they have "a mind-blowing number" of phones. In fact, more than at any other launch, all staff are on duty and are fully geared up to shift them all. Don't panic!

3. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

You were on the money last year Cardy

If you say 8am Cardy then I'm with you! You were right for the iPad 2 launch and the iPhone 4 launch but not all of us have friends who work at Apple do we!
    See you there Cardy the coffee is on me

4. Cardy macrumors member

Hi again , hotly, it'll be good to meet up again, I think I saw you at the 3gs launch too?

He couldn't believe the amount of phones they got, more than double than the iPhone 4, which he said almost satisfied everybody. He said this is the first launch of any device where he expects more stock than customers, although he said no free tshirt this time!

I'll hold you to that coffee, see you there.

5. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

No not 3GS iPhone 4, is it true that was one of the reasons for a late launch? So they could get in front with production?

6. Cardy macrumors member

Not sure, he did say he's had a tinker with one, and says it's "ok" and wouldn't bother queuing for one!

7. Gomaz macrumors newbie

Hi Cardy

Any idea what time the queues will start at the Trafford centre ? With store opening at 8am I was thinking we would need to get there very early, any advice ?

Not done the iPhone launch before only the iPad , it's time to upgrade the 3GS I think

8. Cardy macrumors member

Hi Gomaz,

I've done loads of launches at the tc, and it's as broad as it is long. For example the iPad 2 I got there seven hours before the doors opened, my friend got there 2 hours before opening and queued for 4 hours. Ok, I got mine first but waited much longer.

For the early launches, an hour before usually serves about right, you may be in a long line, but the staff soon get through.

I think it's quite a fun experience anyway.

9. bryanc87 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the info :)

I'll just pop by at 8am as well then, Ill take a taxi there! Need to get myself pumped up :D

I wonder if O2 will get swamped?

10. defender macrumors member

defender

What time do the main doors open at the trafford centre? Ie when can we get in and start queuing outside the actual apple store?

11. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

Doors open around 7am TC
    O2 shop existing customers only
    This will be like the 3GS day no panic

----------

Don't think so remember it's existing customers only and more people this year have pre ordered online
    No need to worry stock levels the highest of any product launch
    Cardy has it on good authority and he's always right

12. Zadoc macrumors newbie

Car parks open at 5

Just spoke to Trafford Centre security. Car parks open at 5. Centre opens at 7. Queuing before 7 will be on a link bridge somewhere near John Lewis. I'll be there at 5 :)

13. bryanc87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool thanks I'll come at 8am and get there on taxi to save time grab my iPhone in a couple of hours and watch real steel in the cinema after. What a day it will be!

I hope apple staff go through orders fast but with past experience they're really gOod for transaction speed.

14. Gomaz macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply, I was at the iPad 2 launch circa 40 in the queue, for this event wasn't sure what time the doors to the centre would open to allow access to queue outside the apple shop, but from the post below its sounds like its 7 am :confused:

15. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

Lol love it at last someone who is not on a panic mission

16. bryanc87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha yeah Ill be chilling in the queue, Im used to extremely long lines having been queuing up in airports last month on holiday for 2-3 hours just to clear customs...

Thats best case scenario worst case is me having to queue until afternoon time :(

17. widestload macrumors regular

widestload

Even though I've pre ordered mine at the Three store I think I'll still get there early ish (for 7:30 or so) just because i want to be able to get it all set up and get to work for not too long after 9, (and also because when i went in to pre order mine on Monday, the woman I dealt with said they'd alredy had 130 or so pre orders in store, so I dont want them selling out on me and having to wait).

Disapointed in a way that i wont be in the Apple queue, but still getting really excited :D

18. bryanc87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Whether or not it sells out before I get there it'll be good to experience what waiting in queue or the most anticipated phone for the year is ehe.

If not then you can still watch real steel it comes out the 14th too hope it's a good film though

19. mcmul macrumors 6502

I've not got any pre-orders and plan to buy 32gb black sim-free.

Will they be selling non-pre-order ones? I imagine so...

20. iPaddy macrumors 6502

21. Ian.C macrumors regular

All sold out by 2pm, gutted... The one day I was hoping not to have any meetings so I could pop down early morning....

22. widestload macrumors regular

widestload

And there I was rolling up at just after 7am and walking stright to the door of Three and out by ten past 8. :D

23. bryanc87 thread starter macrumors newbie

I went there at 8:50am and was luckily enough to get my 2nd choice 32GB black! U went out of apple store at 11:20am.

As I went to the line that was next to the apple store all the people behind me were told that the phone were sold out. I dodged a bullet there!

Enjoy your iPhones guys!

24. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

Cardy was right again

Thanks Cardy you were right again, Apple store had record high stock levels, spoke to several o2 shops and so did they,

got ours sorted at our local o2 shop x2 32GB models
    see you next year guys