iPhone 4S Meetup **Pioneer Place - Portland, OR.**

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by austinkays, Oct 13, 2011.

1. austinkays macrumors newbie

Anybody going to be at Pioneer Place?

I am wanting to head out sometime tomorrow but I haven't heard of any lines yet.. unless anyone knows of some sort of lines or plans already I might just head there tomorrow night.

2. goMac macrumors 603

After last year's iPhone 4 launch, I mail ordered mine. :)

3. Cascadians macrumors member

I was at Apple Bridgeport in Tigard / Tualatin until they closed at 8/p last night. No lines. Have not been able to upgrade 3GS to iOS5. Store cannot do it without wiping out all personal data. Error -5000 on my iMac iTunes.

Partner flying to WashDC early Saturday. Needs working phone. Apple Online said not to preorder because no guarantee would get there on 14th.

So left with standing in line. But after not being able to upgrade, wondering if activations of new 4S will even be able to go thru on Friday.

But if I wait it may be months before getting hands on new iPhone.

In any case, Bridgeport is closer to me than Pioneer Place -- will they let you wait indoors?

4. austinkays thread starter macrumors newbie

Last I have heard, Pioneer Place is getting a line outside of the Starbucks (indoors) until they close the mall.. but I guess they open early so we will be outdoors just for a few hours. Well a few being 10-6 or something.

5. fusconed macrumors member

Line at 5 AM is less than 20 people long

We're waiting outside at the corner of Morrison & 4th. Security says they'll open the door to the mall at 6 AM and we can wait inside the mall, outside the Apple store until it opens at 8 AM. Last year I got here for the iPhone 4 launch at about 6, went right in the mall and was plenty close to the front of the line.