Iphone 4s Music Out of alphabetical order (sort of)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TerrySuede, Apr 17, 2012.

1. TerrySuede macrumors newbie

So I have a 64GB Iphone 4s with about 39GB of music on it. I'm as up to date as can be, but my artists are in an odd alphabetic order. For the most part its in order but it seems some letters will overlap. For example N,O, and P artists will show up under R. Its like this all throughout the alphabet. This is also seen under "songs" and "Albums" as well, any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Well, it's different than my problem that albums with multiple artists will appear as separate albums by artist, which is annoying as hell. I think the only way to really fix it is to re-tag everything, which is something I'm not really willing to do with over 80GB of music that work fine on my computer.

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

There's an option to disable this under Settings>Music. This should also fix the OP's problem.

4. TerrySuede thread starter macrumors newbie

I assume the "Sort by Album Artist" Option. which does nothing. Could it be an issue in my actual Itunes library on my Mac?

-Interstella555- I just finished doing that last week, matching or linking albums and artists via re-tagging. Its a bitch, but I found that doing a letter or two every day made it less irritating.

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Do you have iTunes Match enabled?

It might be a pain, but you could try to delete all of your music off of your 4S and re-syncing it.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

That did nothing for me either, still have 10 seperate albums when there should be 0ne.

I think it's the phone itself, I never had problems with my 2/3G, it wasn't until around iOS 4 that my music started getting screwy. It's fine on my MBP and iPod, so it seems weird that they're apparently using different coding for the phone and everything else.

It doesn't help, I did this when I had to get a replacement for my 4 and the music displayed exactly the same way.

7. discuit macrumors member

If an album does this, select all the songs in itunes, click get info, and check the box that says "part of a compilation."