iPhone 4S Noise w/bumper - Help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lakhany07, Nov 8, 2011.

1. lakhany07 macrumors newbie

I just got an iPhone 4s and absolutely love it, its an amazing phone and upgrade from the old blackberry but there is one thing thats been bothering me. I have looked around the forums and saw that it is pretty normal for there to be a rattling sound whenever you tap around the camera lens and while that rattling does come up when I tap it, is it supposed to also come up if I for example lay it down on my table?

I am using the iPhone with a bumper and I know that you can dampen the noise with other cases that actually cover the back but so far I have been a big fan of the bumper. It's just very irritating because every time I put the phone down on its back without slowly placing it, it rattles. Any thoughts? I'm sorry if this has been brought up before but its just frustrating because I want it to sound solid.

Btw, I know this is not the bumper because I have tested it without the bumper and the noise still happens.

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Unfortunately, it is normal. I noticed it every time I set it down on my carpet! It made a loud rattle when gently set down on carpet. Pretty stupid but I got used to it.

It's like a notification that tells you when your phone is being set down lol.

3. tahoeroscoe macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe

It's the camera lens, totally normal. If you search for camera rattle or camera noise you should find more info