iPhone iPhone 4S on 6.1.3 No Jailbreak? No real way of stopping iOS automatic update?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by braddick, Nov 2, 2014.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Couple of questions regarding an iPhone 4S I recently picked up off of eBay, running 6.1.3

First, I'd like to jailbreak it yet really can't find a jailbreak that works on this device on this firmware. I must be looking in the wrong spot (iClarified offers nothing).

Second, my iPhone wants to update to iOS 8.1 and I don't want it to. Any way of preventing it?

Thanks in advance!

2. dahauss macrumors regular

Update to 8.1 and then jailbreak. No more support for the version you are on. Only issue is I hear 8 makes 4s a little slower

3. braddick thread starter macrumors 68040

braddick

Thanks, but the reason I picked up this iPhone was because I specifically wanted a 4S (have a 4 on it already…) with 6.1.3

4. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

P0sixpwn

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You can keep it from updating, but you cannot stop it from downloading the update file.

6. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

You can go to Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage and delete the update from there.

7. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Not on 6.1.3. Option to delete only came after 7.0.x

8. braddick thread starter macrumors 68040

braddick

So bizarre. Each time I attempt to use MEGA it'll download p0sixpwn up to 99% and stop. I've never been successful finding a download that will work on my Mac.

9. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

iH8sn0w apparently lost the source to all his files. this is probably why. i think i might have it somewhere on my mac. let me check

edit: nope. mine got erased when i erased my hdd a few months back because i got a virus or something from downloading purpletools lol

10. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

It's a bug with Safari. Try using chrome.

11. braddick thread starter macrumors 68040

braddick

Requires an update and the update requires 10.10!

I'm not trying to set up roadblocks- all of these ideas are useful, just not with the stuff I'm using right now I suppose (Mac on Lion, for example).

----------

Got it to download using this terrific idea and after a few seconds of attempting the jailbreak the app quits unexpectedly and when it is reopened does likewise a few moments later. . .

12. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

Find an Older version, one that supports iOS 6 and your OS?

http://support.apple.com/downloads/#iphone configuration utility

----------

OR jailbreak and remove the update Deamon :) simple

13. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

i was able to download it from the mega link no problem. try again: https://mega.co.nz/#!hptDFbzb!Dfa8Th7Ngw6PyDSnWDyMmzHbGYDrMqk64kRMB4MCv0c

I've uploaded it onto my dropbox too just in case: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4pf0vqsro2uhox/p0sixspwn-v1.0.8-mac.zip?dl=0
    I'll be removing the the file from my dropbox after you download it

losing the source shouldn't have any effect of the binary on mega's site. if it was removed from mega's site, it'll just say that the download link is invalid