iPhone 4s on tmobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Castiglioni, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Castiglioni macrumors newbie

I was wondering if tmobile without a data/Internet plan would work on an AT&T iPhone 4s that is jailbroken NOT FACTORY UNLOCKED. I've been searching on the Internet and although I didn't get a definite answer, I've come to realize that tmobile without a data plan will not be able to work on a jail broken 4s from at&t. They'll only be able to work on factory unlocked iPhone 4s with tmobile data plan. Is this true or false?

2. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Jailbroken/data plan has nothing to do with making an iphone work on tmobile. You need to get your iPhone 4S unlocked in order to use with tmobile. They don't care whether you have a data plan or not bc you did not buy a subsidized phone from them

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

I'm pretty sure all carriers require a data plan for iPhones and smartphones.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Actually Tmobile doesnt care and doesnt require a data plan if you dont want one with the iphone.
    Kinda refreshing giving the customer a choice.
    And no, if its locked to AT&T it wont work on Tmobile.
    It has to be unlocked one way or another.
    Either factory unlocked or with a gevey sim adapter.

5. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Tmobile doesnt on none tmobile phone or not sold from them! I had iPhones for years with tmobile and never had data plan.

6. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

I use my AT&T unlocked 4S with my T-Mobile prepaid sim from time to time, no data plan required and WiFi works just fine.