iPhone 4S on Verizon - Will adding Mobile Hotspot kill my Unlimited Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Noisemaker, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Noisemaker Guest

I got an iPhone 4 when they first came to Verizon. When Verizon launched them, they offered fully unlimited data for the $30 that they offer their basic data now.

That unlimited data option has stayed on my iPhone, now through my 4S.

Now, I may need mobile hotspot in the near future. If I add it on my iPhone, will it kill my unlimited data plan and revert me to a current data plan?

I'd call and ask Verizon, but they either don't know or will blatantly lie to you on the phone, so I thought someone here might know better.

2. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Nope, I've used mobile hotspot every other month still have an unlimited plan with verizon.

3. Noisemaker thread starter Guest

Nice. Thanks for the info.

How have you liked Mobile Hotspot?

4. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

It works. Just set it up under settings, use a password (otherwise peoples phones will automatically connect to it and use it) and type in the password in the device you plan to use. Thats it.. Distance is decent enough. I'd say at least 10, 15 feet no problems picking it up.

5. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

No it doesn't. I've added and removed it just fine. They prorate you for the days you have activated.

6. jpepping macrumors newbie

Do you have to call or can you do this online?

7. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

Done online.

8. jpepping macrumors newbie

thanks, found it. Was looking in the wrong spot before. DOH!

9. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Nope - done it several times already (and removed it the day I used it).

To be honest, I was so enthralled with my Macbook Air purchase, I bought the mobile hotspot on my iPhone just so I could get my Macbook Air setup (wasn't near any WiFi hotspots). <cough> (my first macbook)

My only complaint is that 3G is so incredibly slow. Mobile Hotspot is only worth the $ if you have 4G LTE.