iPhone 4S only apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amoda, Nov 12, 2011.

1. amoda macrumors 6502a

So I just upgraded from the iPhone 4 to the 4S because I got a pretty good deal on it, and my dad wanted to upgrade his 3G.

I am having a hard time finding any real significant performance boosts in the apps that I normall use. I was wondering if there are any iPhone 4S only apps out there (sub $9.99) that would really make the A5 processor shine.

Thanks!

Edit: oh, and I'm in Canada so Siri can't do anything relating to maps/locations.

2. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

3. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Yup got to wait till the and there is a few racing games that look much better on the 4S also you can try the modern combat it really looks good, And loading times are better

4. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

eh? no apps for the dual core processor you say? Darn what will my pet beaver think of this fellow Canadian?
    Kidding aside:
    -infinity blade
    -all apps general load time
    -any graphic intense stuff (although honestly I never was using my iPhone 4 and said.. "hmm you know what this is so slow, I need another core"

5. zelaya macrumors 6502

I'm not a gamer but I'm curious to see what's coming on December of this year.

6. amoda thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you all for the suggestions! Also a quick apology to the mods, I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum :eek:

That's the thing, like you I never really found the iPhone 4 slow, and I can hardly see the improvement of the A5 processor. I figured that there must not be many 4S-only apps, so thought I'd ask. Hopefully come december there are more apps that can utilize the power of the A5, battery life be damned.

7. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

Did they release the Grand Theft Auto III Port yet for iPhone 4S and iPad 2? I know they said it would be available in the fall, but I don't know when in the fall.

8. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

Siegecraft
    Epoch
    Real Racing 2

These games have enhanced visuals on 4S