iPhone 4s or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Liquinn, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Liquinn Suspended

Hi, in need of a new iPhone. Should I buy the iPhone 4S now or buy the new iPhone at launch; presumably later on in the year?

The buyers guide is saying the 4S cycle is almost over.

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You "need" a new iPhone ... do you need it urgently?

3. RossMacca macrumors regular

Similar situation here, my iPhone 4 is dying a slow death, however, I'm not at all tempted by the 4S. I'm either going to wait for the next iPhone, or, and more likely, hop over to Android; it's looking far better these days.

4. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

don't forget a new Google Nexus device is likely to be coming out soon too and with jelly bean, it's going to be awesome

5. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Wait. Only 2-3 months more.

6. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

7. realeric, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012

realeric macrumors 6502a

realeric

You are at the same situation as someone bought an iPhone 4 on Jul 30, 2011.

I was told from a former attorney of Samsung that Samsung has been hiring employees to post comments on the internet. You can get a job.

8. HenryHealy macrumors member

I have a similar situation. My iPhone 4 is becoming so slow, although it has been slow enough for some time now. I'm not due an upgrade until the end of July but I'm going to wait for the new iPhone. I think it's going to be just awesome.

9. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

Yes because you can only suggest iPhones on this board. :rolleyes:

10. Spectrum Abuser, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012

Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

You're 'dern right! Anything lacking the seal of approval[apple symbol] is automatically mediocre at best! :p

EDIT: You people can't take a joke. Congratulations.

11. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

12. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

If your current phone is not working get a 4S. If your current phone is working wait. We are about 100 days from the next iPhone, so if you can wait, I would.

13. mark28 macrumors 68000

Either buy the Samsung Galaxy S3 or wait for the iPhone 5. The iPhone 4S is not an option unless you really really need an iOS device now and Android is no option.

I'm waiting for the iPhone 5 myself.

14. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I'm in the same boat with my wife's flip phone that just died. She wants to move up to an iPhone, but getting a 4S with a new contract this late in the game is the stupidest thing you could do. Scanning eBay and craigs list for something used to hold her over until the new iPhone comes out.

15. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

My iPhone 4 was stolen earlier this week and had no reservations in getting the 4s.

My story is obviously a little different and i buy mine on payg.

16. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Really man? Really?!

I'd say just wait if you already have an iPhone. Yes the next iPhone will probably be coming out in a few months, probably to get ready for the holidays.

Or you could wait until the next, next iPhone. Either way, you'll be just fine.

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wait if you can, perhaps you can find a used phone on craigslist to tied you over?

18. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

I purchased my iPhone4 and iPad1 both on launch day. Each now seems to get slower and crankier as the days go by. I think that with each new iteration of devices the support for previous versions becomes sporadic at best. That being said, I plan to wait for the iPhone 5 and purchase the NEW iPad at the same time.

I've got younger relatives that are anxiously waiting for me to pass on my older versions of both.

19. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

shut up eric :confused:

20. seekersneak macrumors newbie

I just got an iphone 4s as a gift on sim free. Thought it best to use it give the Iphone a try and must say glad I moved over to Iphone from android. But thats me so when new iphone gets released I will be at the end of my current contract and will be upgrading to it