iPhone 4s or ??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GreenStripe, May 6, 2012.

1. GreenStripe macrumors member

Hey all! So I was scheduled to get out of my contract in a year but thanks to sprint being nice on the phone im up for an upgrade right now! Ive been wanting an iphone forever so I'm definitely getting one, but should I go get a 4S today (in the next 5 minutes, i live next door to an apple store) or wait it out for a 5 or a reduced price 4s?

My threshold of waiting is in the weeks, as in if the 5 is coming out later than June I definitely can't wait. Does anyone have any idea when it might be coming out? What kind of features will it have that will make it >> the 4s?

Thanks!

2. sweetie81 macrumors regular

I myself got a 3GS when the iPhone4 was 2 months round the corner. Never regretted it.

Depends what you guy are. If you enjoy tech the 4s is an awesome device. If you can wait hang in there. Your call entirely.

3. GreenStripe thread starter macrumors member

nice! I was definitely leaning towards going and getting a 4s today as I really looove the design of this one

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Just go get the 4S, it's an awesome phone. The 5 probably isn't going to be introduced for a few more months.

5. llfloyd79 macrumors regular

llfloyd79

Yesss! Get the 4S. I love mine!

6. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

What phone do you have now? If you have waited so long why can't you wait a few more months to get the latest and greatest device? Also have you thought about the HTC Evo 4G LTE since you are on Sprint? It will rival the iPhone in every way you can imagine.

7. JMountainDew macrumors regular

JMountainDew

Yes, go ahead and get the 4s. You'll drive yourself crazy otherwise. I was hesitant also moving into an iphone with all the negative talk about poor sprint data speeds. Works just fine for me. And whenever I really need to do data-intensive stuff, wifi is usually available anyway. Go ahead. You'll be glad you did.

8. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

The next iteration won't be announed this june, it will likely to be announced around the Fall. We will have to wait and find out what apple plans on doing for the wwdc. Sure you could wait till wwdc or get the 4S if not you'll have to wait about 5-6 months from now

9. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I wouldn't hold my breath on a new iPhone in the next few weeks. I would go with the 4S and if you just have to have the iPhone 5 then you could always buy it off contract and sell the 4S. It would be a semi-expensive upgrade and you would have to have the $600 or whatever up front unless you can go without a phone for a few days but it's at least something you can keep in the back of your mind.

10. signal1 macrumors newbie

I just ordered the iphone 4s. I am one of those people that has to have the newest and best but after buying 3 phones right when they come out I have had the worst luck with new phones. believe me when a phone first comes out there are so many bugs that have to be worked out. And as far as the new iphone coming out its going to be apples first 4g Iphone and every 4G phone that is out the battery life is horrible. I have a HTC thunderbolt 4g and it lasts about 4 hrs and i am on my 5th one. Get the 4s its been out and proved itself to be a great phone.