iphone 4s ordering with a carrier discount

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ame8199, Nov 2, 2011.

1. ame8199 macrumors 6502

Hello,
    Im with ATT and have a teacher discount. I really do not want to order from ATT. I would like to order from apple. Has anyone succesfully order from Apple and still had their discount on their ATT bill?

Or is it better to order from ATT? I know its not going to ship for a while. Im in no immediate hurry to get it.

thanks

2. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Not sure if this helps, but I bought my iPhone 4S from Best Buy and nothing happened to my ATT discount (through work) that I get on my monthly bill.

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

You can buy from Apple. If they are unable to set up your discount, just take the phone into the AT&T store (or call them) and they will fix it.

4. ame8199 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks,

I did put an order in with ATT, but may cancel it tomorrow. There is a month wait time.

Apple only has a 1-2 weeks...

we'll see.

Thanks for everyones post

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

If you currently have a Group discount also known as a Foundation Account Number (FAN) tied to your account it will remain active following an upgrade that was ordered via Apple.com or purchased any any authorize outlet such as Walmart, BestBuy, Target or RadioShack or even at the Apple Retail store. Also adding a line to your existing account will also allow you discount to remain.

Only way to not have the discount applied it to open an new line of service in someone else's name. The official statement for any FAN is that it be in the name of the individual qualified for the discount by being a member of the qualifiing Group.

Dave

6. ame8199 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, there's only me... No new line. I believe it's a group discount, but didn't know it had a fancy name.