iPhone 4S poor reception.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jian, Apr 23, 2012.

1. jian macrumors regular

Hi all,
    My iPhone 4S has been getting very bad signals. I mean I'll get full bars but I just don't get any "reasonable" fast internet. It's almost like I'm being throttled by AT&T but I've only used 600MB of data this month, and I have NOT received any AT&T notification of throttling...
    Any idea what's happening and how to fix it? Should I take to Apple or should I call AT&T?
    I never called AT&T before but I'd imagine they will BS me with some lame reasons where as Apple will probably ask me to call AT&T.:confused::confused::confused:

2. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Just starting yesterday, I've been getting horrible
    Wifi speeds and HSPA+ speeds. Connection is fine, but my 20Mbps WiFi connection drops to 5, and my HSPA+ connection loads mobile sites as quickly as Jesus respawns.

3. xlost6 macrumors 6502

Is at just one location or all over? It could be just that particular cell tower your around that is conjestioned with a lot of data activity.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Or an outage in your local area.
    Why not call and find out?

5. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Sounds like AT&T. I've seen that before. Usually doesn't happen, but some places with bad congestion it will.

6. jian thread starter macrumors regular

so I went to Apple today, the dude said they've got a lot of complains on that issue the past weekend, apparently it's an ATT thing.

7. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Should of been your first step.

8. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

AT&T should of been your 1st point of call.

9. BrandonZ macrumors 6502

I have a 4 and Ive had this problem for about a month or so. I cant get data all over and when I do its so slow I feel like Im on edge. Twitter wont load. Web pages wont load. It is really bothersome when you are paying for data and not getting it.