iPhone 4S question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JeepGirl06, Nov 2, 2012.

1. JeepGirl06 macrumors member

JeepGirl06

Ok, so I think I will be getting my 4S tomorrow and just had a question...

my friend had a 4S and when she imported pics from her PC, she ended up with 2 folders with all the same pics in them. One was the camera roll & the 2nd was just a duplicate folder. She tried everything she knew to delete 1 of the folders to no avail... what would be the correct way to import pics onto the 4S so this doesn't happen to me? Would I have to email them once I have email set up on my phone?

Thanks!

2. bsmith4832 macrumors regular

I'm going to assume you have a folder on your PC with all the pics you want?! If so, plug your phone into your PC -- in iTunes you can choose which Photos you want to Sync with your iPhone. If you choose the entire folder (not individual pics), it will essentially create your folder as a new Album in Photos on your phone.

This is how I sync all my old photos onto my phone. For example, I don't want all the photos from my 4S in my Camera Roll on my 5, so I sync the folder (named 4S) and then I have a separate Album named "4S".

Edit: If you do want your old photos in your Camera Roll, you might have to restore from a backup (assuming you had an old iPhone that you backed up recently). If you didn't have an old iPhone, I'm not sure if you can get them into your Camera Roll specifically.

3. yinz macrumors 6502a

Are you sure it's not just her photostream?

4. JeepGirl06 thread starter macrumors member

JeepGirl06

I'm not sure but all I know is she had 2 separate folders with all the same pics in each folder...

Anyway, I just got my iphone 4S and have yet another question... I set up both my home email & my gmail accounts on it, but how to I get it to show the emails as they come in instead of once every 15 mins or whatever? Does this make sense? In other words, I want to get my emails as they come in, but right now I only see the options to get them either every 15 mins, half hour, manually or whatever..any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again!

5. yinz macrumors 6502a

Your friend's iPhone 4S is like that because she has photostream. Your pictures are automatically uploaded. You can turn off photostream in the settings so that it does not show up in both folders.

Every 15 minutes is quite frequent. Your battery will die otherwise. You can check your email whenever you want and the phone will retrieve the data when you refresh the app..

I hope that has helped.

6. JeepGirl06 thread starter macrumors member

JeepGirl06

Yes it did...thank you so much!! :)

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Your email accounts need to be set up as imap accounts rather than pop then they will be pushed to your phone as they come through

8. dave420 macrumors 65816

If it is a Gmail account then actually setting it up as an Exchange account will push email to the phone the fastest. Description here.