iPhone 4s Randomly turning off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gibboIU, Oct 29, 2012.

1. gibboIU macrumors member

I have a new iPhone 4s that I got about 2 months ago and it is doing something that I don't understand. It has randomly turned off 3 different times and wouldn't turn on until I pushed the power and home buttons for over 10 seconds. Obviously that remedies the issue, but I am concerned that this could turn into a bigger issue later after I am outside of the 90 day return window.

Anyone know why this might be happening. And its not because the battery is low. When I do get it back on it had almost 30% battery left. Should I back it up and try and get a new one.

FYI, I have had another iPhone 4s for work for the last year and never had this issue with the other one. Thanks.

2. clumsythief83 macrumors regular

I have the EXACT same problem for the last 2 weeks. I had my iPhone 4s replaced last month because my volume button got stuck and they gave me another iPhone 4s (white, unlocked,, 64gb). Then, after 2 weeks of use, the phone shuts itself off for no reason once every 1-2 day randomly (it happens when I'm not using the iPhone). Have it replaced this afternoon at the Apple store without any problems.

3. cababah macrumors 68000

Had the same thing happen to my first 4S. Check diagnostic log files for something along the lines of "panic.plist" if that is there, you have a hardware issue probably logic board related and should go get a replacement easily at the Apple store.

4. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

5. gibboIU thread starter macrumors member

Not sure how to check the diagnostic logs but I will google it and see if that is the issue.

6. cababah, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012

cababah macrumors 68000

Settings--->General-->About--->Diagnostic & Usage---> Diagnostic Usage Data