iPhone 4s rattle

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MungoIX, Nov 9, 2011.

1. MungoIX macrumors newbie

hello.

anyone else noticed a rattle when you tap the rear of the phone? tap the apple sign and as you get closer to the camera the rattle gets louder. sounds like a screw is loose and rattling around.

I spoke to apple about this and they have replaced the phone but the brand new one they replaced it with rattles as well!

I tried it on my friends and hers does it as well.

Anyone else noticed this or is it just us two?!

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

It's completely normal. It's the camera. There have been numerous threads. Quit worrying! Enjoy the phone.

3. Catdogchicken macrumors regular

The all rattle. It's the camera ribbon inside. Everyone's the same, including the iPhone 4.

4. LaraA macrumors newbie

Same with my 4 and 4s :(
    I think every iphone 4/4s have this

// LaraA

5. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

My ip4 does not do this. I have a white and black 64 gig ip4s and they both do it, though it is more of a "clicking" than a rattle, and I only notice it when the phone vibrating (not when I type it).

Heck, I didn't even know it did this until I did search for:

"Things to be OCD about with your new iPhone 4s"

6. vaugha macrumors regular

Haha never noticed this until you mentioned it. Doesn't bother me one bit though. :)

7. Bossyman macrumors member

i have 3 iPhone 4S at home...son and daughter and me...mine is the LOUDEST and is annoying...I'm thinking about exchanging it...hope they don't give me a hard time...

8. wohast macrumors newbie

ive had 3 different 4s', all white 64gb models. all 3 have had the tap on back rattle, and two had the vibrate rattle. this last one though finally doesn't have the vibrate rattle, but it does have a very loud tap on back rattle that even makes noise when its shaken.

i know the back rattle is there on all of them, even my old 4...however on this one it is louder then all of them.

cant decide what to do....take it in or not? so many little faults, would hate to get a new one that is worse...you think they'll keep replacing till I get a perfect one?

9. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Here's some questions for those of you who have this rattle.

Do you notice it when you're NOT tapping on the back of the phone? Does it rattle any other time? Maybe when the phone is on vibrate?

If you answered no to all of the above...WHY ARE YOU WORRYING YOURSELVES TO DEATH ABOUT IT???

It's completely normal. This has been discussed ad nauseum here and every single time people are told it's completely normal.

Use your phone. Enjoy your phone. Stop stressing over the little things. You'll enjoy life a lot more. :D

10. Bossyman macrumors member

good point...however, i hear mine every time i put it down...never when i shake it...i love everything else about the pnone, but the rattle is a bit disconcerting...especially since my son and daughter's sound better...btw, mine is a 64gb black, their's is 32gb black...

11. zign macrumors 6502

zign

Yep. Still normal. But then you did say yours is a 64gb one. There might be something wrong with it then :)

I agree with KentuckyHouse. Just enjoy your phone and stop tapping on the back all the time.

12. Bossyman macrumors member

Here's my update - hit the apple store this morning. Swapped it out for a brand new factory sealed in box phone. It still has a rattle but not nearly as loud. It is now more in line with my sons and nieces. Once again, great apple in store customer service.

I always leave their smiling.

13. NVD macrumors member

This is happening to me too. I wouldn't mind if it was just when the back was tapped, but I'm hearing it every time I place the phone down, and everytime it vibrates. D;