iPhone 4S rattle

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jpiszcz, Dec 14, 2011.

1. jpiszcz macrumors regular

I know this has been discussed quite a bit so I won't rehash it too much but when you use the iPhone 4S normally when its not in a case you cannot hear the rattle.

However, when you stick it in a case (especially a protective/thick one) its more prominent when you place it on a desk, its slightly annoying but I've read on here folks have returned the phone because of it but if its due to the new camera design then its something that has to be 'accepted' I suppose, similar to the green circles in the iPhone 4 pictures when taken with fluorescent lighting.

The other issues is returning it and getting one that does the same thing, wasting more $ on screen protectors and possibly getting a unit with another issue.

Just curious if this is normal the rattling noise, specifically when its in a case and you place it on a table, for example?

2. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I noticed mine rattles slightly.. I've read numerous threads and posts about this that say "this is normal" and "I spoke with apple and they said this isn't normal"

I am keeping mine. It isn't a deal breaker and my camera takes BEAUTIFUL pics, so I know it's not damaged. Also, my battery life and screen is fine, so if it ain't broke don't fix it (imho)

3. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Mine rattles very "easy" and you can hear it clearly, but it hasn't affected anything when it comes to the camera.

With the camera giving you green rings in uv-light isn't really anything to look down too, i mean it's a mobile phone camera, even DSLR's will have such problems with some cheap lenses that still gives you better image quality than any phone will, so making a camera that will be perfect in any way when it comes to image quality is not really realistic if you aren't paying $$$$$ just for that.

I am not exchanging my iPhone because of the rattle because the pictures are fine otherwise!