Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tadziak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2011
Hello,
I have noticed that the video image noticeable flickers when I use the rear camera (main one) during Facetime. It's especially visible when moving the frame from darker to bright areas. Has anybody else noticed this effect? Is it software related or some hardware issue?
The camera itself (video recording) seems to work normally..

DTMfan

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
My brother has this issue on his new 4s. I even noticed it when he would facetime me on my 4. Never had that issue personally. He plans to take it in to the store at some point to see what they say.

joyce883

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2011
Hello,
I have noticed that the video image noticeable flickers when I use the rear camera (main one) during Facetime. It's especially visible when moving the frame from darker to bright areas. Has anybody else noticed this effect? Is it software related or some hardware issue?
The camera itself (video recording) seems to work normally..

It happens to me during bright to darker areas too. I tried to go to Apple they didn't get to see this as a problem but they focused on the back camera instead that it was working fine. (eventhough my problem is the front)

I also experienced the phone freeze, all white screen, all black screen, multi colored lines or static on a black screen or the app would crash.

All from using the front lens, which I love to use.

I got my phone Dec. 1, I still have 30 days to exchange/return it to AT&T but they said I should bring it to apple. But nothing was solved. I'm so disappointed right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.