Iphone 4S Rebooting by itself

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 700-Grizz, Dec 11, 2011.

1. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

700-Grizz

I have a 4S with the 5.0 software--I have caught it doing this twice so far since I got it on launch day, I look down and the phone is restarting on its own? One time it was off:eek:

Has anyone had this issue and what was done to correct it? I was curious if maybe the update to 5.01 cured this or not---Is it a known problem that apple knows about.

2. dmusicman385 macrumors regular

happened once that i saw (to me). assumed it was just a bug that worked itself out. I use the phone heavy and havnt had any issues since.

3. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

This was happening to me randomly. I upgraded to 5.01 and it stopped completely.

Every time it happened it would log a Kernel Panic in the diagnostic logger.
    I tried asking around and found people with a similar problem, but just immediately came to the decision to swap out the phone because of the kernel panic.
    But kernel panic dosent right away mean you have bad hardware.

So i tried 5.01 even though i was scared to update because people said they were getting worse battery life. been great since!

4. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

iphone is smart phone , sometime too smart mean opposite ......

5. PaulieORF macrumors regular

My iPhone 4S did this a few times within the first 2 weeks I had it. In addition to restarting itself, it sometimes would be off. Powering it on normally wouldn't work, it needed to have the home button and the power button pressed and held for a few seconds, it would then take about 5 minutes to boot up. Note that each time it did this, the phone would get hot. Not burn yourself hot, but hotter than I've ever felt it even after a 2 hour phone call or playing a graphics intensive game. One time I noticed it was off in my pocket about an hour after I woke up in the morning. The phone was hot and when it powered back on the battery was at 80%, so looks like it was burning through it. Looked at the usage page in settings, and there was 3 minutes of usage and 50 some odd standby minutes. I took it to Apple and they replaced it. Haven't had any problems with the replacement.

Have you noticed the phone being warm or hot after one of these incidents?

6. big samm macrumors 65816

big samm

Mine also rebooted by itself!! Tried to go in settings and got a blank screen, tried 3 times and the third time the phone just rebooted itself !

7. 700-Grizz thread starter macrumors 6502

700-Grizz

Think I will download 5.01 tonight and hopefully cure that and my Attrocious battery sucking phone lol! I heard 50/50 on better battery life, guess it wont hurt.

8. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

This happened to me as well once about 2 weeks after getting it. It hasn't happened since.