iPhone 4S Return Policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jman14, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Jman14 macrumors 6502

So I broke my iPhone 4Stoday, I need an iPhone for work and planned to buy the iPhone 5. If I bought a 4S from ATT, could I return it when the 5 comes out?

2. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

You should be able to although you'll likely have to pay a restocking fee.

A better idea would be to go to an Apple store, pay the $200 for a replacement 4S, and use that until the 5 is released... then sell the 4S for profit.

3. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

If it's broken, more than likely AT&T won't allow you to return it, but that is entirely up to them.

4. Jman14 thread starter macrumors 6502

No, no. I broke my iPhone but need an iPhone for work. If i was to buy one now and return when the 5 comes out,.

5. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

My bad. I misunderstood your OP. in this case, you should be able to return it after paying a restocking fee.

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

A simple phone call to AT&T seems to be in order.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Apple has a 30-day return policy & no restocking fee. Don't know about carriers.

8. dave006 macrumors 68020

It depends on the timing of the actual availability of the new iPhone 5 after Wednesday's announcement.

AT&T has a 30 day return policy for phones. In the case of the iPhone, the policy is to charge a $35 restocking fee. However, every year during the launch of the new iPhone, AT&T has allowed the $35 fee to be waived for customers that recently ( they will pick a specific date ) purchased the current model to return it and exchange it for the newest model without additional charges.

Here is the official return policy: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/modals/wirelessmodals/jcr:content/mainpar/genericmodal_6.html

Dave

9. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Best Buy also does not charge a restocking fee.