iPhone 4s rubber surround- replaceable?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PostHate, Sep 18, 2012.

1. PostHate macrumors member

I dropped my iPhone 4S, it hit the carpet but kinda bounced into the metal table leg. Everything is fine except for a small gash in the rubber surround around the glass screen. The gash is annoying to the touch and looks bad, is there an easy way to replace this rubber surround?

2. BigMovieGeek macrumors regular

Forgive me if I've misinterpretated your question, but do you mean this:

iPhone Bumper

3. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

4. PostHate thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, there is a rubber/plastic piece surrounding the glass screen. It is between the glass screen and the metal frame.

5. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

my guess is not without a lot of detailed work. Probably is either part of the screen or part of the body.

6. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Are you still under warranty? This happened to me, except I dropped it on the concrete outside. Chipped the front below the home button. So, I booked a genius appointment and got my speech ready - my phone is continuously restarting and dropping calls. When asked about the chip, I said that was during the first week of ownership a long time ago. Handset worked fine for many months after the drop. Walked out with a replacement 5 mins later. Kiss the chip goodbye! ;) it's easy to get what u want if you know how....

7. PostHate thread starter macrumors member

If course it is easy to get what you want if you know how, it's called stealing! Go away you thief :mad:

8. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Thief??? Look up the definition.....!!! I paid full price when I bought my iPhone, so getting it swapped does not make me a thief!
    I got my damaged iPhone swapped very very easily. You can too, but you obviously don't have the balls! Live with your imperfections, I ll live with perfection. (PS, it does help that I worked in that very Apple store, so my face was familiar) good luck trying to replace the white plastic (not rubber) around the edge.....it's nigh on impossible unless you replace the entire front or bal panel.

9. mistertomlinson macrumors 6502

It's usually referred to as the bezel and you can get them on eBay in different colors.

They can be replaced but if it's the front bezel, it's a lot of work.

10. PostHate thread starter macrumors member

You stole a phone when you lied about it being defective. You admitted to that here. What you did is fraudulent.

Paying for a phone does not allow you to steal another phone because you scratched the original one.
    It's not about not having balls, it's about me not being willing to steal.
    Yes, stealing and being a thief is "perfection"? Are you listening to yourself?

Awesome, you are an excellent grifter. You should be proud.

11. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Get off your high horse! You don't even know me. It's really a matter of what your (anyones) moral views are. I am sure I am not the only person here to tell a white lie in their lifetime. Self righteousness is such a terrible personality trait. I didn't expect to get such a hostile reply. I sold the phone two weeks ago in prep for iPhone 5, I sleep soundly and live a fulfilled, professional and happy life, your comments or attempt to embarrass me fall on deaf ears. Good luck whatever you do with your iPhone.

12. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Ahh yes, we clearly don't have the balls to lie and absolve ourselves of personal responsibility. I wish I was the pillar of manliness that you are, I'm sure it's a hit with the ladies. Hint- It's not an imperfection if you broke your phone

13. PostHate thread starter macrumors member

You are right, I do not know you. But I do know that you clearly admitted to being a thief. I also know that you said I have no balls because I on't want to steal and you said that you were perfect because you got away with a con.

No, it is NOT. It is a matter of what the LAW in your juridiction says. And I guarantee you, the law says you are guilty of a crime.

A murderer, rapist, child molester could say that they aren't the only person to ever kill, rape, or molest. Does that mean anything?

BTW< you didn't tell a white lie, you stole a $600+ mobile device.

Pointing out where you admitted to breaking a law is NOT self righteousness on my part. You trying to defend it is, tho.

I didn't expect a confession to a crime and a long drawn out set of posts trying to defend thievery.

And that's really the shame here :(

14. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Actually I would be a bit embarrassed telling everyone how you lied to get a replacement. Not on a issue of morality or principal but on maturity.

15. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Sorry, got to go, a hangman just showed up at my office door and the crowd outside are baying for blood!! This may be my last ever post!!