iPhone 4s- San Diego , CA Launch

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by adpretto, Oct 4, 2011.

1. adpretto macrumors member

Hey There,

So who's gonna pre-order there phone and whos gonna head down to your nearest Apple Store in SD and pick one up.

We know all the details , You can start pre-orderin this friday Oct 7th at 12:01 midnight local time and then hopefully receive it Oct. 14th at your doorstep or you can head to your local Apple store Oct. 14 and pick one up at 8am.

In San Diego we have quite a few choices ,
    Fashion Valley
    UTC
    Otay Ranch
    Plus other retailer like AT&T stores and others

Line History:
    Original iPhone I was #9 in Line at Fashion Valley
    Original iPad I was #1 at Fashion Valley
    iPhone 3G about 150 in Line at Fashion Valley
    iPhone 4 i waited a day to after launch

but I cant decide if I should pre-order or pick one up on Launch Day!!

2. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Was going to pre-order but after today's events... I've decided it'll be more appropriate to wait in line and at the same time pay my respects... Probably Fashion Valley. #4Steve. I'm still in shock. :(

3. MacLuvnRN macrumors newbie

pre-order for pick-up?

Does anyone know if we will be able to pre-order for pick-up on the 14th? We had that choice with the iPhone 4 but I don't see anything about that option with the 4S. :apple:

4. adpretto thread starter macrumors member

If you pre-order a phone it will be delivered to the address that is listed on your Cell Phone Bill, and @ the Apple Store it is 1st Come 1st Serve

I still cant decide what to do, might pop up at Fashion Valley

5. boomersmech macrumors member

Fashion Valley FTW

Well several of us are heading to Fashion Valley, as usual very very early in the morning to wait in line. I have never seen such a cross section through of ideas on what time to go down or even if.

On one hand it's never been this long since a new phone has made it back, Steve Jobs passing and AT&T touting record sales numbers in the first 12 hours. On the other many people are not eligable of new phones and AT&T is cock-bocking early adopter pricing and watching the forum I have not seem much activity from SD gatherers. Maybe I'll scour the forum some more get some more evidence.

At this point through there is no more day-of pre orders left, all carriers are giving 1 - 2 week lead times.

I'm really glad they got rid of the epic fail of an idea "pre registration" that was a horrible idea all around.

6. chrisxa macrumors newbie

so i have a question, i wasnt able to preorder and now that all the preorders are sold out, does that mean i wont be able to stand in the non reservation line since there are no iphones avail on the 14th? or is there a separate stash for non reservation?

second question, when are you guys planning on going to the store?

7. boomersmech macrumors member

There is no pre-reg like last year, so the online pre-orders were to have the phone shipped to you. Anyone can wait in line Friday, ita first come first serve.

I plan on scoping out 10pm the night b4 too see the regulars, if it's slow I'll come back at 3am.

8. chrisxa macrumors newbie

wait, so everyone that preordered on oct 7 has to have them shipped? that is different from last year. ill probably go to the one in carlsbad/solana since not many people know about that apple store

9. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

I was at Carlsbad last year, Lots of fun!! Some guy bought 50 Pizza's and gave out slices to everyone and someone else brought a projector and we all watched movies on the wall of the store next door. I pre-ordered this year, so hopefully it will be on my doorstop. Bu I'm sure Carlsbad Apple store would be fun again.

10. boomersmech macrumors member

Yea, all pre-orders are shipment only, and dare I point out last year some shipments were delayed.

I like the idea about the projector, think I'll bring my portable.

11. Ljohnson72 macrumors 6502a

Ljohnson72

I'll be heading to the Fashion Valley store in the afternoon :)

12. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

May stroll down there Thursday after work to scope out the area. I'll have my chair and iPad in my car just in case those need to be called into action! I'll attempt to post status updates on this thread... twitter might be quicker though :D (@thomasphantom).

Hopefully it doesn't resort to this seeing how lots of people have already pre-ordered but you can never be too sure.

13. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

I'll be heading down the the Fashion Valley Store early Friday morning. Always a fun experience. I was the guy with the iPhone cake on the day of the original iPhone launch. :)

14. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

15. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Is there anyone in line yet at Fashion Valley? lol. *prepping for an epic all nighter*

16. weeman macrumors 6502

I'm following you on twitter. The least you can do is go check and update me :p

17. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Haha... so many spam follower requests. Huy right? Wanted to make sure I added the right one.

18. weeman macrumors 6502

yup that's me...thinkin about headin out around 3-4 AM, depending on your twitter updates...haha

19. gschumsky, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

gschumsky macrumors member

I'm between hitting Fashion Valley on the way home, or hitting a quieter mall more to the north of work after lunch. Was going to go at lunch, but we have a team lunch which is a requirement...

20. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Word. I'll try and post updates/photos on here as well.

21. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

(from Apple Store rep) No overnight lines. Will be allowed to line up at 5am.

Same words last summer for the 4... got here at 4am and ended up near Bloomies.

22. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Going to head out closer to closing time... stay tuned.

23. boomersmech macrumors member

Lil Rude there bro, as one word questions always are.