iPhone 4S screen cleaning

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by reclusive46, May 15, 2012.

1. reclusive46, May 15, 2012
    Last edited: May 15, 2012

reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

I'm having trouble with Grease smudges on my iPhone screen. iKlear always used to work but recently all that even seems to do is leave long straks of smudges across my screen (Not as bad but you can still see in sunlight).

What would you guys suggest? Do you have any good ways of getting the screen crystal clean?

2. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

I use one of those microfiber dish towels with really hot water and wring it out thoroughly before wiping. Kind of steams off the smudges and dries immediately. Been doing this for two years with iPhones, ipods, and iPads with no ill effects. Can also try similar trick with window cleaner, again just a dab on a microfiber towel.

3. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

to be honest i usually use a my shirt or jeans. honestly this gets it really clean. I have a guy at work who always comments on how clean my iPhone is compared to his.

Sometimes i use a little water if there's something caked on it.

4. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Greece seems to be a source of a lot of problems now a days..

Just kidding. In all seriousness I also just use my shirt or jeans. A bit of hot air or water does the trick if you wipe it down firmly! So glad I chose to go without a screen protector, the clear ones actually do only smear grease all over..

5. reclusive46 thread starter macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Haha thanks for spotting the typo. I think my iPhone autocorrected it. I'll give it a go with water instead since my iKlear doesn't seem to be doing much.