iPhone 4S, Should I Case it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AmbiguousNinja, Nov 6, 2011.

1. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

Hey everyone, after waiting since mid october for the iPhone 4S to be sold unlocked, I realized that it has been unlocked for quite a while in Canada (derp). So anyways, I'm going out and buying a shiny new iPhone 4S next week and I was wondering if I should buy a case. (I'm getting a white one cause I'm hipster like that). Does anyone recommend a specific brand of case or should I just leave it naked?

2. stillmatic macrumors member

I had a case for a little while, the Incase snap smoke. But like everything after a while, I got bored and I went back to just the naked look. Granted, you have to be more careful, but I definitely won't be casing my phone anymore. The phone is just too nice to keep it in a case.

So my advice is, if you're very clumsy, probably best to case it, but if you can just be a little more careful and conscious handling your phone, let her be naked!

3. rkeato1 macrumors regular

It all depends on your lifestyle and history with devices, IMO.

I bought AppleCare+ and I was going to get a case as well, but I haven't found one that does it for me (aesthetically). I might get a clear or frosted case to preserve the look, but it's naked for me until I find something I like.

I have some powersupport covers on the way, mostly so I don't scratch the back when I put it down. I usually use the anti-glare screen covers, but I don't like what they do to the retina display this time around.

Good luck on your search/decision.

4. b24pgg macrumors 65816

Case it. Better to case it and lose a little aesthetic value than have an accident one day and regret not having one.

5. AmbiguousNinja thread starter macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

Yeah, I really love the aesthetics of the iPhone and Apple products in general. I'll never case my macbook pro, instead I keep it in a sleeve. So are there any cases that actually preserve the aesthetics of the iPhone while protecting it? And what screen protectors are the best?
    Thanks!

6. b24pgg macrumors 65816

Check the iPhone Accesories subforum

7. knck out macrumors member

i have ran through quite a few cases my self and im guessing your like me, you want a case that has a slim profile and doesnt make the phone look bulky or ugly

i too have a white 4S

and the case i bought for it was the Hybrid NEO EX

it is a bumper style case, but it comes with a front and back screen protector, the screen protectors are Steinheils (i think i spelled that wrong) and are known for there great quality.

so with this case you get full body scratch protection and gives a little drop protection while preserving the asthetics of the phone

heres the link if ur interested: http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-4s/iphone-4s-case-neo-hybrid-ex-series.html

they should have more colours soon i believe a few of there colours are currently out of stock

8. sgrrsh26 macrumors 6502

9. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I didn't have a case on my iPhone 4 but after getting my white 4S I am using a case on it.

10. AmbiguousNinja thread starter macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

11. Burton8219 macrumors 6502

Really? I love and only use the PowerSupport Anti-Glare screen protectors... sure it might take away from the display a tiny bit, but the feeling it gives to the screen is the best I've had IMO. No finger sticking feeling like on the crystal screens and the bare glass.