iphone 4s shows constant "usage" overnight...huh??

eyespii

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Unplugged my iPhone at 4am last night, and placed it on nightstand in standby next to me. Next morning, a little after 9am, I turn the phone on and see this:

What gives? Constant "use" and 16% drop in battery in 5 hours? What should I do?

This is on a Verizon 4s connected to wifi running 5.0.1.

Attachments

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Do a hard reset. Holding down mine button and top button until you see the Apple on reboot. Takes about 10 seconds.

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
Run through your settings. Turn off anything that doesn't need to "phone home". I did that with my husband's iPhone (things like system services under location services etc) and the problem stopped. This is why I believe the battery problem and usage problem are one and the same.

Beauborg

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2011
Unplugged my iPhone at 4am last night, and placed it on nightstand in standby next to me. Next morning, a little after 9am, I turn the phone on and see this:

What gives? Constant "use" and 16% drop in battery in 5 hours? What should I do?

This is on a Verizon 4s connected to wifi running 5.0.1.
I had this problem so contacted Apple. They told me to do a factory restore which I did. This didn't work so they told me to go back to the Apple shop and pick up a new 4S.

Since then I've had no problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.