iphone 4s shut off when battery remains

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chituan, Jan 12, 2012.

1. chituan macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a problem that my iphone 4s shuts itself down while the battery still remains (sometimes at 8% or 10%). I have tried restored and set up as new phone but it doesnt work. I have also tried draining the battery for 1 day but as soon as I plugged it in, the phone boots up and says it has 8% or 10% charge already...it just starts charging from where it is left at I think. Any idea how can I fix this ? Now I can only use 90% of the battery and then the phone is dead :(

Many thanks

2. Alisstar macrumors 6502

Alisstar

You tried just about everything you could possibly try to troubleshoot it. It is possible your phone came with a faulty battery. At this point I suggest a trip (or call) to Apple to have it diagnosed.

3. fuxl macrumors member

I've had the same thing happening to me couple of times.
    Please share what you find out.

4. chituan thread starter macrumors newbie

Now it seems that it always starts charing at 10%. Just 5 mins ago, I played some game and it got down to 6% and turn off, but as soon as I plug it in, it starts charing at 10%. Don't know why...

5. Lileflo macrumors newbie

My iPhone does the exact same thing I don't know why I just downloaded a game called hill climber racer I don't know If that is the source of the problem but let me know of this happened to u guys after u downloaded this game