iphone 4s shut off when battery remains

chituan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Hi,

I have a problem that my iphone 4s shuts itself down while the battery still remains (sometimes at 8% or 10%). I have tried restored and set up as new phone but it doesnt work. I have also tried draining the battery for 1 day but as soon as I plugged it in, the phone boots up and says it has 8% or 10% charge already...it just starts charging from where it is left at I think. Any idea how can I fix this ? Now I can only use 90% of the battery and then the phone is dead :(

Many thanks

Alisstar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Orlando, FL
You tried just about everything you could possibly try to troubleshoot it. It is possible your phone came with a faulty battery. At this point I suggest a trip (or call) to Apple to have it diagnosed.

fuxl

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2010
VA
I've had the same thing happening to me couple of times.
Please share what you find out.

chituan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Now it seems that it always starts charing at 10%. Just 5 mins ago, I played some game and it got down to 6% and turn off, but as soon as I plug it in, it starts charing at 10%. Don't know why...

Lileflo

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2012
My iPhone does the exact same thing I don't know why I just downloaded a game called hill climber racer I don't know If that is the source of the problem but let me know of this happened to u guys after u downloaded this game

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.