iPhone 4s signal issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dirkyd3rk, Mar 29, 2012.

1. dirkyd3rk macrumors newbie

dirkyd3rk

Sup guys, I was just wondering if it's a known issue or not for the 4s to have signal issues? I'm on 5.0.1 (jailbroken) and the signal seems extremely weak. My GF has a 4; I put them both in field test mode and right next to each other my 4s will show -101 or higher and the 4 will show -89 right next to the 4s in the same spot. Almost 99% of the time the 4 will always have better signal wherever we are. Could my phone be defective? I've tried this with both phones side by side with no case on the devices to make even as possible. What you think?

Both phones jailbroken on 5.0.1

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 don't and never had any signal issues.

3. dirkyd3rk thread starter macrumors newbie

dirkyd3rk

Awesome! I guess that explains why I drop almost every call that comes through in my home while my gf's 4 never drops calls. Thanks mate!

4. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

5. WhoAmI2 macrumors member

Calm down and don't be such a DQ. If you have always had the issue take the phone back and see if they can help you out. If it just started or started not to long ago you need to do a fresh install of iOS and that will bugger you for your jailbreak.

6. username008 macrumors regular

I had this problem with my phone.. Took it in to the genius bar and explained my problem and said I tried restoring etc. and then the genius switched the phone out for me.

Good luck!