iPhone 4S Siri vs Samsung Galaxy S2 Vlingo video: The Assistant

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Legion93, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

2. kramerica2 macrumors regular

Vlingo is an app that you can download to your iPhone as well.
    It's not Samsung's...

3. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

Vlingo on iPhone is nothing like the android version.

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Vlingo isn't native to the SGSII, it's an app downloadable on most devices. Comes pre-installed on the SII though. Like he said, Siri is "fun", but judging how often it's down and the issues people have had making it usable, it probably shouldn't have been a cornerstone of the new phone at this point in time.

5. ksoze macrumors regular

ksoze

Siri originally used Vlingo for voice recognition and was switched out to Nuance after Apple bought it. Since the VR can be fairly easily swapped out, if a better VR one comes along, or Apple decides to roll their own some day, Siri can use it.

http://idreamofsiri.blogspot.com/

6. shanezam203 macrumors member

I just downloaded Vlingo today, we'll see how it works in the next few days. I have an iPhone 4, not the 4s.

Is there still talks of Siri becoming available on the non 4s devices if they are jailbroken?

7. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

It was the only way to sell a boat load of the same flipping phone we have already had for 2 1/2 years. I like Siri, (cause it works all the time here in Chicago), but am truely dissapointed with the 4s, and I feel hosed by Apple.
    I was using an old 3g and deperately needed a new phone, but should have gotton a SGS2, (could have at least gave it an honest 1 year check out while waiting for the iphone5).

PS, my 40yo eyes have a very difficult time focussing on the little 3.5" screen and would have been very pleased with a 4" iphone -

8. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Yes, because Samsung really advertise Vlingo as one of the MAIN reasons to purchase a SGS2. :rolleyes:

9. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

Who are you replying to, shanezam203?, I don't get it?

10. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Vlingo on Android was pretty good... I used it on my EVO for a few weeks... not nearly as integrated into the OS as SIRI is... but i did like the car mode... you just say "Hey Vling" to activate it... and it does a bit of SIRI like features and read text messages back to you automatically. Great free app.