iPhone 4S sluggish lately

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roccobladr, May 31, 2012.

1. roccobladr macrumors 6502

Anyone else's 4S acting slow and sluggish lately? I usually notice it when I get a message and slide to open it. Takes a good few seconds for it to open and couple more to actually show the text. Sometimes I can't even answer calls because the touch screen becomes unresponsive.

Also, just got an apple TV and mirroring is really sluggish, for example jet pack joyride must run at like half speed.

Not sure why, but my friends say similar things. Anyone else?

2. moonman239 macrumors 68000

Have you tried clearing all apps from the multitasking tray? Restarting?

3. Widashy macrumors regular

Widashy

Did you Jailbreak your device and installed too many tweaks on it?

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there's a legit issue with Atv (check that sub-forum) and it may not be related to your 4S probs.

For the iPhone, I would restore as new. That will rule out (for the most part) a software issue. If it's hardware, you know what to do.

5. roccobladr thread starter macrumors 6502

yea its been happening for some time now, just finally starting to get fed up with it. ive tried basic restarting, etc. I want to do a restore, but I'm worried about losing some stuff like all the music i've created in garageband..but that should be backed up to icloud right?

any chance it could be itunes match related?

6. Netherscourge macrumors 6502

Do a hard-reset once a week.

(Turn off device and then hold Home+Power button down until the Apple Logo shows up twice in a row)

That'll clear any lingering memory leaks or hangs.

7. PatrickW98 macrumors 6502

PatrickW98

Open Weather, Stocks, or iTunes on your iPhone. Once you open one of them, hold down the power button until you see the "Slide to power off" screen. Now, hold down the home button until you are brought back to your home screen.

This should worked. It worked for my 4S.

8. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Are you jailbroken? I so, and you have Activator installed, try this:

Open SBSettings and choose More, (might have to swipe icons to right) then go to Mobilesubstrate Addons. Disable Activator. Now restart the phone completely. Report back if this works.

It fixed my problem with sluggishness and an unresponsive home button that I thought was a hardware issue.

9. roccobladr thread starter macrumors 6502

10. roccobladr thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for those who have suggested this! so far it seems to have helped for the most part!

11. matttye macrumors 601

Now that's intuitive! :rolleyes: