iPhone 4S speed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mochi Hana, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Mochi Hana, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011

Mochi Hana macrumors 6502a

Mochi Hana

Since the 4S is dual core, I assume there's a perceptible speed increase, but I wanted to ask 4S users in the community. Do you all think the phone is faster than the 4?

2. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Yes it is faster overall. Not AMAZINGLY faster, but it is definitely noticeable. It's something where, if you have an iPhone 4, and never see a 4S run, you'll be fine with the 4, but if you see the 4S, then you'll start to notice the difference in speeds.

In things such like app loading and safari (this is a biggest one I think), you'll see a noticeable difference.

3. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

Faster overall ... than what?

Some people buying a 4S had a 3GS, or a 3G, or an original iPhone, or a flip-phone, or maybe this is their first cell phone.

So to some, it is night-and-day difference in speed. To others, it performs as it does, with nothing to compare it to.

4. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Well he said compared to the iPhone 4, so I was just going off of that.

5. forcetactic macrumors 6502

6. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

there are tons of YouTube video comparing 4 & 4S speeds for various things. Go view them.

7. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

+1. Just go to YouTube and search iPhone 4 vs 4s speed and you will find a lot of good videos.

8. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Slightly faster. What do all expect. The is not really being asked to do massive calculations, it is just a phone. Games and playing video is about as intensive as it gets and my 4 did quite well on that already. When you hit a button, it does what you want.

What more could we ask.

9. ea9 macrumors regular

Well for my the bump in processor was the main reason I upgraded from a 4 to 4S. I get large (3-4mb) PDF's that I have to check on the go. The iPhone 4 would take about 2 mins to load it until I could actually play with it and then it would lag when I would scale it or browse around.. And god forbid flipping the phone it would practically restart from scratch.
    The 4S loads it completely in about 10 seconds and I can play with the file freely.

On almost every other task the difference is minor but very welcome.. Web browsing on safari is noticeably faster too depending on what website you're visiting.

10. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

11. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

from 3GS to ip4s dual core pretty amazing FAST!!

12. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Yes I think the 4S is faster than the 4. It might not be amazingly faster but you can tell that it is.

13. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Browsing in Safari is much faster on the 4S than on the 4, in my opinion.

14. anti_ macrumors member

anti_

hahaha +1